Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kc25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Motion with constant acceleration
    Someone is driving through a town at 12.0 m/s when suddenly a ball rolls out in front of them. You apply the brakes and begin decelerating at 3.5 m/s^2. a- How far do you travel before stopping? b- when you have traveled only half the distance in part (a), is the speed 6.0 m/s, greater than, or less than 6.0 m/s?

For part a) my answer was 20.6 m, even though I am not sure, and I am not sure how to find part b.
    BigD Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 08:02 PM
    U need to use the kinematic formulas. One of them that will help u is
    Vf=Vi+2a(d) Plug in the known and solve for the unknown.
    For these problem you should practice using formula to avoid confusion but you also need to understand the concept of these problem.
    tucsonmac Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Big d forgot to tell you to square the velocities. V^2=Vo^2 + 2ax

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'97 Mazda 626 acceleration problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a '97 mazda 626 4 cylinder engine Automatic. Number of miles on the car: 114K. I have been driving that car for 3 years. Recently I am having this slight trouble. When I start my car cold , the car will start fine. It is fine till about 20 mph. The problem comes is when I step on...

96' Nissan Altima Acceleration Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my car accelerating normally after I drive it for about 15 minutes. It seems as if there's a weird noise coming from the bottom of my car when I try to accelerate, and the more I press the gas, the more I hear it. If I just press down on the gas just half way (which is just...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

Constant blown altanators [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 83 Pontiac Recaro edition Firebird and it keeps blowing the altanator. I bought 3 this month. I charged the battery full before wiring it up, made sure the clock is correct, and it still fails after a day. Does anyone know what cause's this?

Constant freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a few questions to ask I'm so unhappy with my Windows Me recently. It freezes 10 or 15 minutes after the computer is turned on. No matter if I'm on the net or just playying boring card games, it just freezes. I try ctrl+ alt+ delete to close the program that is not responding but I...

View more questions Search