Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DiverGrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 06:43 PM
    Would this be a good case for emancipation
    Hi, Im 14 and live in Minnesota. A couple months ago I made a decision that had really bad results. My parents said they would help me trough it and they did but after it was taken care of my dad wouldn't talk to me. My dad has always been over controlling. Im not allowed to date, wear make-up, or even cut my hair except trimming it. If I get anything but an A in school he freaks out. Since he stopped talking to me, my mom has gotten him to talk to me again although when he does it is barely civil. The problem I had and the decision I made to deal with it has left me with slight depression and this newly wrecked relationship with my father has not helped. My brother is a very accomplished viiolist and my sister is extremely smart, as is my brother. I feel like my parents are always comparing me to them and don't love me as much because I have yet to find my talent and good grades do not come as easily to me as they do my siblings. The law states that people shouldn't necessarily be treated the same but fairly. In my case I am treated the same and not fairly, which I believe is not right. Also, when I was little, my brother would abuse me when my parents weren't home and they did nothing about it.
    Like I said, my mom has tried to help but she has severe depression and is addicted to prescription drugs. She says that I can talk to her but she doesn't truly listen. If I say that I need to something to help me mentally feel better, she just turns things around and says that Im wrong. This is what any teenage girl would say I know but really the only person that helps me is my boyfriend. I developed anorexia because of all the stress of my parents and he is the only one who noticed and he talked me into trying to stop. Also, when I starting cutting myself, he is yet again the only one who noticed and cared enough to get me to stop. I feel like my parents, my dad especially, could care less if I died and sometimes think that this would be the best way to handle things, just to die. I have a married couple that I trust and have known for a couple years now that are helping me and have agreed to let me stay with them if I can get emancipated. They worry about my anorexia and cutting and think that this household is too hostile for me to continue living in. So I was wondering if that would take care of the qualifications of needing to have a stable job and income and housing etc.
    Please, if you can offer any advice or help please let me know, I need to get out of this house, I don't like my suicidal thoughts and believe this is the only what to stop them.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 07:16 PM

No its not even close. The idea behind emancipation is that you can do it on your own. Not living with strangers and not dropping out of school etc. What you really need is some help. Do they offer any mental health at your school or is it something you could talk with the nurse about. Have you tried a crisis line ? How old is your boyfriend ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some emancipation... [ 4 Answers ]

My cousin wants to get out of her house (one way or another), and live with her dad. Of course, her parents are divorced. So, should she emancipate or get her dad to go to court? Also, she's 14, soon to turn 15 in July. She says she wants to get out as soon as possible. We live in Georgia, and I'm...

Do I have a good case for slander if. [ 1 Answers ]

My son is in middle school. Another student is going around telling people he is a drug dealer including their parents. This other students parents are now calling other parents informing them that my son is a drug dealer and has a nickname of "The candyman". None of this is true but my son is...

Writing skills... case given.. re-write with good statement construct [ 1 Answers ]

1. Read the following document and revise it so it follows these guidelines. Be sensitive to audience needs, Projecting the company's image, control style with conversational tone, and appropriate voice, Choose strong words that will help create effective sentences and coherent paragraphs. Evaluate...

Emancipation [ 4 Answers ]

I need help my best friends want away from there parents and their under 18 I want to take them but we don't know how 2 do it... help me!

View more questions Search