Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caroljj90 Posts: 90, Reputation: 6

Mar 29, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Why does it sting when I use lube
    OK for some reason when I use lubricant it stings and I don't know why?:confused:
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 05:38 PM

It could be the brand but when does it stings? Are you using the warming or regular lube?

Mar 29, 2009, 05:46 PM

It stings when it goes anywhere near the urethra or in the vagina.

I've used the brands aqua silk and wet but they're the regular lubes
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 05:49 PM

You may have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients. KY is one of the oldest brands and most popular. This is what doctors use and maybe you should try this one.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 05:54 PM

Maybe you should try a water base one. Always read the ingredients so you know what is in it.

Mar 29, 2009, 05:57 PM

Well the lube I have right now is a water base it doesn't sting as badly as the aqua silk but it still hurts I wonder if I should try one of those hypoallergenic lubes?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 09:56 PM

You should consult your gynecologist, is what you should do.

There may be more going on than just a sensitivity to the lube.

Tell her EXACTLY when it's happening, what brands you've used, and where it hurts.

And seriously--if you can't talk to your doctor about this, then you shouldnt' be having sex to begin with.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 06:43 AM

Don't use anything on these tender tissues that causes any kind of pain.

Time for a consult with your obgyn to find out why you are not producing natural lubricant as well as why you have stinging.

If your partner requires extra long genital contact with his penis or mouth, and you can't produce natural lubrication, tell the physician.

That kind of contact is mostly harmful to female genitals and a cause of bladder infections and whatever.

Best wishes, :)

Mar 31, 2009, 12:35 AM

I can produce natural lubricant just fine. And I've recently had a pap they said everything was fine and I haven't had sex in 4 months I just like to use the lube with my vibrator. And I don't have a gynecologist I have a family doctor.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 05:51 AM

Then you should ask your family doctor what the issue might be.

If they don't know there's a problem, they can't look for a solution to it, now can they?

If you didn't address this issue, then your doctor has NO IDEA that there might be a different problem to look for.

If you don't mention it, it's like the person who goes to the doctor with abdominal pain, doesn't mention it, ends up in the hospital, and wonders why his doctor didn't know what was wrong. Well, the doctor hadn't been given ALL of the symptoms the person was suffering from.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Look at your lube and see if any of the ingredients are alcohol. This will cause burning.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 06:10 AM

You can also try using a lubricated condom with your vibe.
    lennore Posts: 15, Reputation: -2

Mar 31, 2009, 10:30 AM

I agree with Synnen

Mar 31, 2009, 03:31 PM

I believe I did bring it up during or after the pap and she didn't really address it or have an answer
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 05:13 PM

You should've made sure she address it before you left the office because you shouldn't have left there with your concerns/questions unaswered. A true doctor wouldn't have let you.

Was your doctor young because some, not all, are unexperience or maybe your doctor was having a bad day.

Any how, I would switch to a dcotor that will answer any questions I have.

Mar 31, 2009, 05:22 PM

I actually want to switch doctors no offense to mine but she seems to be well stupid oblivious or too busy to and not able to handle all her patients for give my harsh words but I'm quite frustrated with her! I was sick and needed some pain killers and antibiotics I told her I was allergic to Codeine and what does she give me as a pain killer something that has Codeine in it!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 05:27 PM
    I had a similar issue with lubricants, they would burn then itch. It wasn't great at all. There was a solution, it's called Liquid Virgin and it works fabulous and it's fairly cheap too. Although I don't use lubricant very often, when the occasion rises this one is the best for me- maybe it'll work for you too.

If you go into "adult" stores, there should be little samples of lubes; that's how I discovered this one.

Good luck to you!
    MRS.S

Mar 31, 2009, 05:31 PM

thanks mudweiser I'll look into some of that next time I'm out shopping^^
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroljj90 View Post
    thanks mudweiser i'll look into some of that next time i'm out shopping^^
    No problem ;) I also forgot to mention, if you like to shop online there are sites where you can purchase lubricant samples- kind of like a sample basket for cheap =)

Here are some sites:
    Wet Lubricant Sampler Pack 12 Pillows
    Condom Country (Australia) - Personal Lubricant Sampler Pack PLUS (approx 46 sachets)
    Buy Astroglide Tri-Pack Lubricant Sampler @ Condom Country

Google for more, have fun!

MRS.S
    503person Posts: 57, Reputation: 11

Jun 15, 2009, 08:52 PM

If you shave that might be irritating it. I know when I shave there I can't use any lube for the first day because if I do it stings like MAD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bee sting! [ 2 Answers ]

A woman had been taking golf lessons. She had just started playing her first round of golf when she suffered a bee sting. Her pain was so intense that she decided to return to the clubhouse for help and to complain. Her golf pro saw her come into the clubhouse and asked, "Why are you back...

Non-normal Bees sting reaction [ 5 Answers ]

I was cleaning the pool on Saturday (9/27) and a stupid bee landed on the skimmer pole. I didn't see it and of course put my hand right over it. Well, the little fkr got me right on the thumb close to the "webbing" between the thumb and hand. Hurt like hell... I smacked it off, saw the stinger,...

One for the Girls. Does it sting when? [ 11 Answers ]

OK Little History. I am a Dumpee, Went of the planet with nc (except with my kids) immediately after being dumped 4 1/2 months ago. Were together 18 years (except for the 13 other times she left me. BPD). She has Reached out with texts at times over the last 4 months. I ignored them. Ok My kids...

Bee sting [ 2 Answers ]

My little girl bit an apple and got stung in the mouth and her upper lip and nose area is swollen. What can I do?

Swollen bee sting, is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

So I was walking down the street on Friday and I felt a sting on my foot. I looked down and saw what I thought looked like a bee. So I flicked it off my foot. It stung me on my big toe, hurt for about an hour. It itched all night and when I woke up on Saturday morning, my foot was SOOO swollen!...

View more questions Search