Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 03:13 PM
    You have to go through with a formal eviction since he is considered a resident. You have to give him a written notice that his tenancy is terminated and he must vacate within 30 days. If he hasn't left after the 30 days is up then you have to file a lawsuit for eviction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 04:14 PM

You have to give him a notice to move ( or notice that he will have to start paying rent) and then if he does not move, you go to court to evict him.
    annh3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2011, 05:23 PM
    My son is 29 years old and homeless. He got sick. I let him come to spend a few nights at my home until he got better. Now he won't leave nor look for a place to live. What do I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 21, 2011, 08:24 AM

Hello a:

The same thing we told the lady above you.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do I need to do to evict a person living in my home ? [ 14 Answers ]

My son lives in a rental property of mine. He allowed a young woman to move in with him. He has asked/told her to move out. She has refused. She does not pay rent and never has - her name is not on the lease. What steps can I take to evict her legally from the premises in the state of...

Can I evict original tenant if person not on lease paying rent? [ 4 Answers ]

In Texas, I've had a tenant for almost 2 years and she leased the home because she and husband were separating. I found out later that they decided to reconcile, however she never added him to lease. Recently (past 3 months) the rent has been late and in tracking her down ended up finding out...

How can I evict my cousins boyfriend that is living , rent free, with my mom? [ 1 Answers ]

My cousin that lives with me mom has her boyfriend living there. My mom wants him out but he does not want to go. They pay no rent or contrubute in any other way.

View more questions Search