Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fta206 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2004, 11:18 PM
    Led Zeppelin Song
    Here's then scenario:
    My public speaking teacher was describing the rules for shirades, which we played in class to demonstrate nonverbal communication. In giving some background information of his use of the game, he noted that many years ago, one of the songs that a student suggested for the game was a Led Zeppelin song. My teacher thought it was a great candidate for the game until he mentioned the song to a friend. The friend told Mr. B to say the name of the song faster. Apparently the song title makes some sexual, profane, drug, or otherwise school inappropriate reference when said faster. If anyone has clue to which song in particular this would be, I'd like to know. I went to http://www.ledzeppelin.com and viewed their entire discography one song at a time and was unable to draw a conclusion as to which song it was.

Thanks for your help!
    a1succesforce Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2004, 05:33 PM
    Re: Led Zeppelin Song
    Hi fta,

I think I can help you out. My best guess is that the song your teacher was referring to was "D'yer Maker" from Hoses Of The Holy. My understanding is that it is the punchline to some joke.

Most people just assume the pronunciation of the song is DIE-err MAY-ker, but I believe it is pronounced more like a contraction as in (are you ready) "Did you make her?" or "D'yer make 'er?" On the face of it. It appears to sexual, and it is, but only as a double entendre for the other meaning (and punchline?) of the title: D'yer Maker = Did you make her
    AND
    D'yer Maker = Jamaica

In other words say it fast enough and you get "jer MAY ker"

I do not know the original joke, but I hope my explanation makes sense. Let me know if that helps.

a1successforce

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings this song or what is the song title? [ 16 Answers ]

I'd like to know who sings or the song title of these lyrics: " I owe you (or IOU) oh you got to me, I'm gonna love you right back, I'm gonna repay you with love baby"

Led Zeppelin Song Question - Swan Song [ 6 Answers ]

I'm hoping you can help me. I've been asked by my boss to get a copy of a song called "Swan Song" by Led Zeppelin. He's giving it as a gift to someone that sings the song a lot. Now, I'm a Zeppelin fan and I've explained to my boss that the only thing titled Swan Song that Zeppelin had a hand...

Who's sings this song... or name of song [ 3 Answers ]

Song for the early 80's... love song... lyrics I remember... I knew that there was nothing I wanted to do but spend my life with you... I want to hold you in my arms and tell you what I want to do...

Song from 76 or 77 [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to remember the name of a song from the 70's I think it was by the bellamy brothers. I seem to remember it had a verse in it that went something like "you bang me" or close to it. Anybody got any ideas

VH1 kitty cat players song. What is song? [ 0 Answers ]

On VH1 you see little collage kitties lip syncing a popular song during commercials. There was a song they were doing where one of the cats had a space helmet on and was playing the keyboard. Another cat had a weird halmet on and the part hey were singing went. "Sounds good, looks good, feels...

View more questions Search