Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FrankGr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Spybot not responding
    I am running Windows XP. When I attempt to start Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.2 the program appears to complete the initial "load", but then stops responding. When I open the task manager I see two listings for Spybot. I assume that somehow the program is loading twice; then stops responding.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Spybot, but have the same result. The last time I performed a search for Spybot and removed every file and folder with the Spybot SD name. I again installed the program, but had the same result as before.

Is it not responding because it is loading twice, and, if so, what could be causing the program to load twice?
    wmehar2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2010, 08:25 AM
    Combofix.exe look it up I don't know where.. but I have the same problem as you bud.. it's a 50/50 shot make sure you uninstall avg if you have it.. then let it do its thing.. then spybot may run again to kill more ****... I suggest getting AVG after that 11 lisecence free version and do a rootkitscan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spybot [ 4 Answers ]

Search & Destroy cannot delete the HKYE_USERS\S-1-5-21. Any idea why

Spybot s&d [ 5 Answers ]

I have just recenlt downloaded spybot s&d onto my girlfriens computer but when you load it up and press 'check for problems' the program stops responding. I have tried this many times and still haven't had any luck. I have also uninstalled it and installed it again but it doesn't seem 2 work. ...

SpyBot [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use AdAware_SE, which has updates about every week. I also use SpyBot, but it hasn't had any updates for awhile now. Also use Spyware Blaster, with regular updates. Does anyone use a different free program, other than AdAware_SE, and Spyware Blaster, that you find has regular updates? I...

SpyBot [ 5 Answers ]

Windows2000 I have run SpyBot for some while. (I also run AdAware). Spybut used to run a full scan relatively quickly but currently seems to have slowed down - and getting slower. Any help appreciated. GeorgeH.

Spybot [ 1 Answers ]

I ran spybot s&d came up with error during check cabrotor[Datei:C:\windows\winiini Kan nic what does that mean?

View more questions Search