Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Mar 29, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Difference between herpes & herpes antibodies?
    I was wondering, because I was told in February that I have genital herpes, and that my blood work was showing I was having a current outbreak, but I didn't have no soars, My gynecologist said that I been exposed to it and that I have the antibodies for it meaning that Its possible I may never get an outbreak, what is the difference? I thought if you have herpes, you just have it, I don't think its possible to just be a carrier of it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 12:54 PM

You are now a carrier of herpes. This website will explain why:

Herpes - What it is and how to deal with it
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Mar 29, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Thank you, so basically it is just that some people do not get the full blown outbreak while others may be having a present one and not know it at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes [ 5 Answers ]

Can you receive herpes from someone infected through smoking a cigarette behind them?

Herpes- HIV? [ 17 Answers ]

I was with a new partner whom I had unprotected sex with about 5 weeks ago. He said he was clean and had been tested etc. But the other day I found small white coloured bumps on the inside of my vagina. When I touched them the skin came of and they just bled very easily. There were a few in...

Herpes. What do you think? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I'm 18, just found out that I have contracted herpes at some point or another and now I'm a little confused. I've been with the same guy for the past 6 months and neither of us has messed around with other people. He was tested for STD but wasn't aware of the fact that they don't test for...

Do I have herpes [ 6 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend than. The next day I was sore. Than I broke out with blisters down there a couple days after. The doctor says its herpes but didn't take a swab test. Can someone please help me.

Herpes antibodies [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question, I recently had a routine physical and the doctor mentioned that I had tested positive for the herpes antibody, she said you have been exposed, but she really did not act very concerned. I have never had any type of outbreak and have not had sex for over a year(deployed military)...

View more questions Search