Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Carburetor bogs out
    I have a 72 gmc pickup truck with a 350eng and a edelbrock 1406 4brl carb.the problem I am having is while driving the fuel is getting to the carburetor but after about 20min it starts to cut off then it just cuts off,at first I thought there was air coming into the line from the gas tank to the fuel pump so I replaced the line,but it still cut off so I changed the fuel pump and still cut off so I took the top cover off the carb and cleaned it out and adjusted the floats and still cuts off.plus my carb is about a year old so now I don't know where else to look,so if there's anyone who can help me with this problem please do
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

Mar 29, 2009, 08:21 AM

Are you sure the floats are adjusted right. have you tried adjusting the 3 screws in the front.of the carb. is the gasket between the intake and carb good?

Mar 29, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mazak View Post
    are you sure the floats are adjusted right.? have you tried adjusting the 3 screws in the front.of the carb.? is the gasket between the intake and carb good?
    The floats are right and I never had this problem until a week ago and the gasket is still good because the carb never has been open before now so should I just rebuild it or send it to edelbrock and let them look at it
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

Mar 29, 2009, 08:41 AM

I mean the gasket at the bottom of the carb,where the bottom of the carb,meets the intake manifold.a year old carb should not need a rebuild already,these are awesome carbs and rarely give trouble. Sounds like something simple,are all non used vacume prts on the carb plugged off? Are all vacume lines good and connected at both ends?

Mar 29, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mazak View Post
    i mean the gasket at the bottom of the carb,where the bottom of the carb,meets the intake manifold.a year old carb should not need a rebuild already,these are awesome carbs and rarely give trouble. sounds like something simple,are all non used vacume prts on the carb plugged off? are all vacume lines good and connected at both ends?
    All the above are good because the last six months until now my carb was not being used because I was rebuilding my engine so that's why I don't understand why it's giving me problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My car bogs down real bad after it rains or it is moist out. [ 3 Answers ]

Whenever it rains my cars check engine light comes on and it runs pretty crappy. It bogs down and when you give it gas to go, it barely wants to go. But after a couple of hours of driving it runs normal. Also, if hit has been a moist night the same thing happens the next day. I was wandering what...

B&S engine idles, but bogs and dies on acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

This is an 8 hp B&S horizontal shaft motor. Appears to be a pulsa jet carb. Been sitting 2 years. Pulled carb and cleaned. Looked at diapham, etc. It starts fine. Engine will speed up with opening the idle screw. Open the throttle and it bogs/dies. Hand feed gas to carb when opening the...

1996 Civic Ex Bogs Down and Misfires when I accelerate. [ 7 Answers ]

My 1996 Civic Ex bogs down and misfires while accelerating. When it misfires, I lose all power to the engine and the car jerks really hard. I have no idea what is wrong. I ran some fuel injection cleaner with my tank of gas (about 1/2 full still) and alas, no headway (even worse actually). Please...

View more questions Search