Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROSEYBLUE Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Full of confusion is this bipolar depression?
    This comes along way back when I started hurting myself... I felt sad and talk to someone the next day I felt like I whas only acting stupid so now I'm 21 and I still have this problem only I also suffer with anxiety I can't even sleep on my own anymore because I think I'm hearing someone in the house... but there is nothing... then I start to shake and my heart beats fast I sometimes even get pains in my chest so the next day I am fine again most of the time I get depressed and then I feel hopeless... and all of the sudden I'm a different person I am happy I make jokes I feel like I am exploding with happyness... I had times I had anxiety for 2days I would have a tightness in my chest and pain or I just get so sad I feel that no one can help me.. when I get anxiety sometimes feel like I am going to die or I am going to go insane! A friend told me I am talking myself into fear but it is like I can't help all the images that go through my head what is wrong with me?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 07:26 AM

I am not a medical professional.

Your explanation of your symptoms are in keeping with bi polar disorder.There is very effective treatment available.
    I am including a link that will explain this to you in detail.
    NIMH · Bipolar Disorder
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 10:35 AM

Need some more information...

1. Do you work a full time job?
    2. Are you mixed up in drugs/alcohol?
    3. Do you have a boyfriend who is a bad influence on you?
    4. What are your hobbies

Thanks, girl.

Best wishes, :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Comment on Choux's post
    What does a boyfriend with bad habits have to do with bipolar disease? You are adding apples and oranges again.

Mar 29, 2009, 10:53 AM
    I do have a full time job I do drink yes, I don't have a boyfriend and my hobbies I write poetry.and I haven't spoken to an expert because I have made the mistake not to tell my parent I always thought that it will change now I don't know aftr years how to tell them and I am confident to say won't take it serious cnt speak to an expert.. Because the would know my circumstances make it hard.. feels like this is a punishment living like this and people don't take you serious ag!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSEYBLUE View Post
    I do have a full time job i do drink yes, i dont have a bf and my hobbies i write poetry.and i havent spoken to an expert because i have made the mistake not to tell my parent i always thought that it will change now i dnt know aftr years how to tell them and i am confident to say wont take it serious cnt speak to an expert.. Because the would know my circumstances make it hard..feels like this is a punishment living like this and people dont take u serious ag!

The only way to get help is to speak to a professional - you have been trying to handle this yourself and it is not working. You MUST make an effort to discuss this with a professional. Your parents (if you are an adult) don't have to know.

Why do you feel you can't speak to a professional?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Dear Rosey,

Thanks for getting back to me.

At the age of 21, you really need someone on your side to listen to you and all you have to reveal about your inner despair. It is an impossible burden you have to bear at this time.

I am really glad tohear you are working full time and are involved socially. That is a real plus for you, and a good base to build on for the future. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to add daily exercise to your schedule. Exercise such as walking 3-5 miles a day can work wonders as it will raise the endorphins in your system which are natural feelgoods.

You *must* to get GOOD professional help because of the severity of your symptoms, for one reason. Also, get family on your side to help you during this time of personal examination and deep personal change on your part.

Do whatever it takes. Your whole life is ahead of you and it can be full of good times as well as down times. Ups and downs are natural in all people's lives. Severe downs must be delt with.

Best wishes, :)

Mar 29, 2009, 11:27 AM

Thank you for the help I will try to get help even though it seems impossible at times... I still have 2wait for a while before I can see someone so I am basically praying for strength because I have to carry on without it for a while... so instead I'm praying for a miracle... hehe.. You know knowing it's a depression makes it a little easier... just to know waking up tomorrow it will be okay for while is worth living for its just the thoughts makes me feel like I am dieng because I see things happen that shouldn't and that makes it hell but hey what will happen happens... see the reason why I can't do anything... I am working in a family business... I want to study psychology so I got plans if that works I finally get help..
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 29, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Comment on Choux's post
    You are seriously breaking the rules of this site, and you will be reported for this!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 29, 2009, 12:40 PM

Rosey, you mentioned in your first sentence that you hurt yourself. Are you physically hurting yourself honey?

You really do need to go and see a mental health professional. They will be able to pinpoint the nature of your disorder, whether is be bi-polar disease or serious anxiety/panic attacks. First of all, you have to know that you aren't going crazy. These are very real brain abnormalities. Something in your brain is misfiring. It's not sending the right signals from one part of your brain, to another.

Another thing you need to know, is that although anxiety attacks are very scary---and you have all of the classic symptoms of anxiety/panic attacks---that you are not going to die. I know it often feels that way, but you really are not. The most important thing to remember when you feel an attack coming on, is to make sure you are not in a situation, such as in your car where you could get hurt that way. If an attack comes on while driving, pull over and call someone. Also, remember to take slow deep breaths. Lay down someplace dark and quiet if you can, and put a cool cloth on your head, and breathe.

You really do need to see your Dr. This is a medical condition, and is not your fault! Just as you can't fix a broken bone by yourself, you can't fix this on your own either. You need the help of a Dr. so he can make a diagnosis. Then he can decide on the best way to balance out your brain, so this doesn't happen to you. There are many medications available now that help a great deal with conditions such as yours. Please take care of yourself and make an appt. so you don't have to feel this way.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    What we do in life has a BIG INFLUENCE on how we feel.

I need to know what you are doing or not doing in life in order to give a relevant answer to your question. :)

Best wishes,
    Give me a break. You don't give relevant answers; you spew one-sided opinions at people. You are a danger to this board and I sincerely apologize to anyone who has had to be on the receiving end of one of your back-handed comments.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 01:40 PM

I need to know what you are doing or not doing in life in order to give a relevant answer to your question. :)

Best wishes,
    Choux, you aren't a psychology expert, so how can you hope to give her a relevant answer?

OP, you need to be seen by a professional. We're here if you want to talk, but really, none of us can give you an accurate diagnosis over the internet, only a doctor can do that, so please, please, make an appointment.

You may be suffering from a simple chemical imbalance that can be corrected by medication. If you are bipolar, meds can help with that as well. Sadly, we don't really know what's going on, just that you need help.

Come back, talk to us, we're here to answer whatever questions we can with the limited info we have.

Good luck.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 29, 2009, 02:04 PM

Best wishes,
    This is a medical condition, NOT a lifestyle condition! Brain disorders are REAL, and have little to do with what she is doing in her life! When are people going to start understanding this? This question has no relevance period! This is not something that can be fixed by going out jogging or getting a "life coach". :rolleyes: If someone had a broken arm, would you ask them about their boyfriends and their job first, before you suggested going to the Dr.

Mar 29, 2009, 02:32 PM

No starbuck don't hurt myself anymore.altenweg,starbuck,this 8384 tanx a lot 4ya guys help!I thnk you guys giving awsum opinions and I thnk with people like you... You make it worth hanging on to life thank you !
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 29, 2009, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSEYBLUE View Post
    No starbuck dnt hurt myself anymore.altenweg,starbuck,this 8384 tanx alot 4ya guys help!i thnk ya guys giving awsum opinions and i thnk with people like you... You make it worth hanging on to life thank you !
    I'm glad you aren't physically hurting yourself anymore. You can come and talk to us whenever you need to. Again, please see your Dr. but you can also come here if you feel a panic attack coming on. It helps to avert your attention, so you aren't focusing on the attack. So, you can talk here all you like okay? :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 02:49 PM

Hi, ROSEYBLUE!

You've already been given some fine advice on this thread. Nothing that I can add to the best answers here other than that I have suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for years for which I was medicated and also received therapy. I also remember the irrational thoughts and images that I had in my mind when I was a lot younger. Things seem to be pretty much under control right now, so I don't need to be on the medication. It doesn't mean that it's permanently under control, though. There are still times that I feel very anxious and very depressed. So, going back on the medication is always an option, although I haven't needed it now for a number of years now because my attacks aren't as severe as they used to be.

No one here can diagnose you. Even if someone here is a trained medical professional, they can't visit with you in person in order to fully understand you and your situation. Also, no one here can monitor you and your situation. That's something that is also usually a part of the treatment by a professional. All we can do here is make educated guesses. Granted, some of those guesses might be extremely fine and perhaps, "right on the mark" as far as you and your actual situation, but they still aren't substitutes for seeing a professional. If and when you speak with a professional about the way that you feel, it will be confidential and private.

You mentioned on another thread, that one of your coping strategies is that you like to write poetry. If you would like, there is an activity that I like to do with people right on this site, to help them to feel better about themselves. Perhaps you might be interested in participating in the activity? You could use your ability to write poetry and bring it to another level that might help you some with self-esteem.

Please let me know on this thread if you would like to try it.

Thanks!
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 29, 2009, 03:37 PM

You have already received some good advice but I thought I'd chime in a little to. While there are some young people who are not medically depressed and the upset feelings are not caused by a physical problem this does not seem like the case to me and I agree fully that you need to see a professional. Disorders such as bipolar are not only detrimental to someone life and well being but they can be deadly. One of my sisters had problems similar to your own and she was diagnosed to be bi-polar. The only difference was she refused to acknowledge the problem and would not take the medications. She would rather think that it was a lifestyle problem and that if she just did this or that things would change instead of admitting to having a brain disorder. You can't wish away physical ailments and hers was no exception. She committed suicide. She was only 21 as well.

Mar 29, 2009, 09:26 PM

You guys are of big help thank you! Strange how you are fine and happy for days an then for days you are unhappy.. makes you worry as me I get weird pains when I sleep in my chest.. makes you woried sumtn wrng.. and though I feel like mayb my imagenation iz running away with me... it just sometimes don't feel so and do other times..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 09:44 PM

Hi again, ROSEYBLUE!

So, what do you think about possibly doing an activity on this site that would involve your poetry, like I mentioned in post #14? By the way, I can also feel good for days in a row or bad, just like you.

Thanks?

Mar 30, 2009, 12:13 AM

Clough that sounds like a good idea!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

Credit Score Impact of Pay-in-full versus Settle-in-full [ 2 Answers ]

How can I calculate credit score impact (or improvement) when I decided to "pay in full" versus the decision to "settle in full" for old outstanding credit debts? I read it is always better to PAY in full... but am curious to quantify HOW much it helps me in doing that (and considering cash is...

Is he bipolar? [ 3 Answers ]

I think my boyfriend is bipolar. He has some of the symptoms like sometimes he tells me that he feels better than everyone else. Sometimes when I talk to him he feels depressed and low and then the next minuet he's happy and hyper. He also told me that he has "racing thoughts" and finds it hard to...

Which is better settle in full or paid in full [ 20 Answers ]

I had a discover card opened when I was a young adult with my father(about eight years ago). As of a 18 months ago he stop paying on it even though the charges were made by him. Now I'm trying to take a step towards business ventures and this and some other things are on my credit are present. I...

Depression or bipolar? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 14. I feel like I might be depressed or be bipolar. I have no interests in anything I used to love. I also cry a lot over stupid things. A lot of my friends always tell me they think I might be bipolar. I change moods a lot and freak out on people for no reason. I really don't know anything...

View more questions Search