Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alex19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 12:04 AM
    Files in one drive invisible.
    I once skipped the disk error check on booting.after that I cannot access the files on one drive.when the drive is opened it appears blank.when the properties of drive is checked it is shown that 35 gb is used and 5 gb is available.what can be done to access these files? Reply.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 12:33 AM

Hi,
    Please restart the computer and scan it for disk error check completely. When boot up completed then, run the disk defragment.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2009, 07:45 PM

Click Start, Run, type CMD and click on OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /f /R

It will tell you that the drive can't be locked, would you like to reschedule a checkdisk for the next system restart, answer yes. It will confirm, reboot, sit back and grab a drink while it scans. Hopefully that's a better explanation than the previous answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieving files off another hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

Hello There, A friend has asked me if I can retrieve files off here hard drive. Can I do this by connecting the hard drive to the IDE slave cable and hooking up the power plug to it? Also I would like to know if my OS system will activate the 2nd hard drive or do I have to use a reboot disk?...

Access Files on a USB connected Hard Drive [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to access files on a Toshiba 60GB laptop hard drive that I removed from a laptop that has bitten the dust. I have connected it via a USB cable with a 2.5" hard drive enclosure. I can open up the drive via My Computer on the desktop I am using but the personal files(pictures,...

I also need to retrieve files from hard drive. [ 3 Answers ]

In follow-up and conjunction with another question posted here, I, too, have a NTFS hard drive from another laptop computer that I need to access/salvage. I have already connected it via a USB drive enclosure (USB 2.0 to IDE). It still did not assign a drive letter; all right-click options are...

Viewing files on your hard drive [ 12 Answers ]

How do you clean up your computer like getting rid of useless or unwanted files,images,progammes. Also how do you view the files on your hard drive

Recovery files on :D drive [ 2 Answers ]

My Dell Dimension 521 has a :d drive that is listed as the storage for "recovery" files. However, I keep getting flashed that the drive is full and that I need to eliminate some of the files in there to free up space. When I go to the recycle bin there is nothing there to get rid of. How do I free...

View more questions Search