Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmike3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Can I convert my propane water heater to natural gas or electric?
    Can I convert my LP water heater to natural gas or electric?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 28, 2009, 09:17 AM
    You can convert to natural gas by changing the orifice. You can not convert to electricity from gas. The two tanks are configured differently. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 12:35 PM

Tom is right. That tank probably arrived set up for natural gas and the orifice was switched out to go with LP. When I do that job I always leave the old orifice hanging from a fine wire right next to the regulator. Take a peak and maybe you'll luck out. Otherwise most plumbing supply shops can help you and no way to go electric without a total heater swap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How convert Propane water heater into Natural Gas unit [ 7 Answers ]

How to convert an Propane water heater into Natural Gas? I have Whirlpool unit for LP. It has a regular valve with an adapter for LP. If I remove this adapter, will it then work? Is burner the same or needed to be replace? Is valve had to be replaced and will the thread be the same if IO reinstall ...

Convert propane hot water heater to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if whirlpool makes a kit or can I just change orifice in unit?

How do I convert a propane clothes dryer to natural gas? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a propane gas clothes dryer and installed a conversion kit from the manaufacturer. My house connection already had a connection for my old natural gas dryer but when I connected the new dryer it is not getting gas and won't start. My inlet pipe has 2 psig regulator in line. What am I...

Convert my dryer from propane to natural gas [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how to convert my whirlpool dryer from propane to natural gas please help gayle

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

View more questions Search