Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewmj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 03:04 AM
    I think I am depressed
    Hello. I think I am depressed but I am afraid to get anti-depression medication because I don't know for sure, I don't want to take medication if I am only sad. I don't feel like I have anybody to talk to. I broke up with my girlfriend about 4 months ago because all we were doing was having sex all the time and sitting on the couch and watching TV. Now she is going to parties and hanging out with her friends and I am still staying at home and watching TV. All of my friends have either left the Yukon to go to school down south or are also friends with my ex and prefer her to me. I am very embarrassed by how sad I feel and I don't know what to do. I'm sorry I don't really know what to say here or how to form my thoughts.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 04:53 AM

Life is full of ups and downs... most of the time, a person doesn't need to take medication for natural disappointments and losses. People never did that in the past. Medication is for severely depressed people. :)

For natural losses, cry and mourn your loss, and then, go on with your life wiser about the ways of the world.

The best treatment for mild depressions is to take action, to DO stuff in your life and make sure you get exercise. That is according to recent studies on depressions. Action. Exercise.

The worst thing is to sit and feel sorry for yourself. Life is full of disappointments and losses... we all must learn how to deal with REAL LIFE throughout our childhood and teen years so we don't collapse or fail as adults.

You can do it. Talk to a wise adult for help and get going. :)

Best wishes, :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 12:16 PM

Only a Physician can tell you if you have clinical depression - if you think you do you owe it to yourself to get it diagnosed and treated.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 12:19 PM

Hi, ewmj!

When is the last time that you had a check-up and physical done by a physician? Also, what are some of the things that you like to do for recreation besides watching T.V.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he depressed [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend just ended our relationship a few days after telling me he was unsure of how he felt. Everything suggested that he was reaching out so I decided to open up and tell him why I am sometimes protective of my feelings -which included a nasty incident where I was assaulted last year. A few...

I'm becoming depressed again. [ 4 Answers ]

I used to be depressed, I was depressed for about a year, until in church while worshipping, I smiled again... and suddenly my happiness was returned to me. But now, its feels like it was all for nothing, its enclosing in on me again, the feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness and self loathing...

I'm so depressed [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for 8 months. Going out with her have been the best days of my life, and I would do anything to have them back. After 7 months she started to act different, so one night I called her and told her why I am so sad and I got to the question if she even loves me...

Very depressed [ 3 Answers ]

How do you solve real mental depression that comes from Financial problems? Sometimes I feel like I am in a prison with no way out. I had money but not anymore, but I have the same obligations I am looking for a part time job at home to supplement my income. Any ideas on a home work job. I am...

View more questions Search