Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeee53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Cannot remove Webroot Spy Sweeper.
    I am trying to install McAfee Total Protection and I cannot install it because it says that Webroot Spy Sweeper has to be removed first and it is interfering with the installation of the antivirus for McAfee.

I do not have an entry in Add/Remove Programs and efforts to remove keys from the registry are failing because it is saying that I cannot delete the keys.

How can I remove Webroot Spy Sweeper with antivirus?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 09:53 PM

Have you installed spysweeper on you computer?

More than likely, you just have to stop webroot from running when you are installing mcafee

Right click on the taskbar and choose task manager and in the processes tab, look for spysweeper and highlight and choose end process.

When spysweeper process is stopped, you should be able to install mcafee.

Post back
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 03:03 AM

If you have installed Webroot Spy Sweeper then, you can install from control panel > add/remove programs.
    To uninstall the mac fee, try to download and install revo uninstaller utility software from internet. It can easily uninstall which is not uninstalling through add/remove programs. It will available free version also.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 05:02 AM

Hi,
    First stop the processses for webroot spy sweeper from the task manager then download and install Revo uninstaller software from the Internet on your computer, it is free software. Now you can see the list of softwares in Revo which is installed on your computer so please select and uninstall webroot spy sweeper software. Then you can install Mcafee total protectionon your computer successfully.
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 07:38 AM

Webroot became malware itself after version three
    athletics7234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 07:51 PM
    In order to install McAfee, I must uninstall webroot spysweep; How can this be done?
    flowerman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 11:41 PM
    After struggling most of the day to uninstall pesky Webroot software which had long since expired, I downloaded Revo Uninstaller Pro, followed the instructions carefully, and Halleleujah, the Webroot was finally gone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sweeper broom/stick vac or canister vac? [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you think would be best for hardwoood floors, sweeper broom, stick vac, or canister vac? Or just a plain old broom... I hate how the dust swirls in the air from a broom. Thanks

Troj/wlhack-F Webroot can't seem to quarantine it [ 3 Answers ]

My webroot scan can't seem to quarantine a trojan/virus labeled Troj/wlhack-f An alert comes up saying that a threat was detected running in memory. To ensure proper removal of this threat, close any applications that are currently open and click OK. I can tell you that I don't have any...

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

Polaris Sweeper has little flow [ 1 Answers ]

My Polaris is not sweeping strongly. I detached it from the wall of the pool, then turned on the pump (my Polaris pump will not run without the pool pump... so that is fine) and the pressure of water coming out seemed fine. Where is the water flow slowing down between the pool wall and the...

View more questions Search