Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Steve Dane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Slow floor drain
    Last Night I had a plumbing service out and they snaked my sewer line. But my floor drain is not draining. I have a sump pump in the same room with three 3in. Line draining into the sump hole I assume one of these is from the floor drain. If not where does the floor drain, drain? And how can I open it up? Will liquid plummer work?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 27, 2009, 03:28 PM
    As a repair plumber I have never recommended using harsh chemicals. In your drainage system. Besides they only seem to work in TV commercials and when you try to remove the water you could burn your hands or damage your eyes. Having said that it sounds like your flooe drain's connected to the sewerthe plumber snaked. Some debris from the sewer might have blocked the floordrain branch. Thje solution would be to call the plumber back and have him snake there flood frain line from the drain to the sewer. Good luck, tom
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Mar 27, 2009, 09:16 PM

You make it sound like a math problem. I agree with a previous answer, call the plumber back or another one and if you like have them explain your drains process. A sump pump is typically there because the drain that the sump works off is lower than the rest of your system and so it won't work by gravity alone. So if this is the case putting Liquid Plumber in there would be the absolute last thing that you would want to do. You probably have a device inline called a backflow preventer and this would need to be working as well so back to the beginning, get a professional in there who knows what he is doing. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor Drain in Laundry Draining slow [ 1 Answers ]

I have a floor drain in my laundry room that seems to either be draining slowing or not at all, I took the grate/cover off and there's a rubber ball inside of it, this seems to be not allowing the water to flow into the drain. What is this all about and how can I fix it myself? Thanks

Floor drain in basement is slow, I need an education. [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening, My question is two-fold: First, for a basement bathroom, can someone please give me an education on what the plumbing consists of from the drain of the shower/toilet/sink to the sewer line? I would like to be armed with information before I tear into a current project I have...

Floor drain slow/clogged tried everything I think [ 1 Answers ]

My basement floor drain (from the hole in the floor to the main drain, about 15 ft.) is slow & sometimes clogged. When the clothes washer drains, water comes up on the floor, & slowly seeps down. I had a problem a few years ago with tree roots & big flood damage, had the old tile drain replaced...

2nd floor sink drain slow... all others fine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, So my wife and I bought this house several months ago. Initially the 2nd floor tub and sink drained slowly. I drainoed the and plunged the tub - problem solved, but the sink is stubborn. I've used a lot of draino and tried to plunge and snake it, sometimes it will help a little for a...

Slow basement floor drain [ 1 Answers ]

It all started with an unplugged sump pump. As far as I can tell there has been about 4 inches of water in this basement for a really long time. The sump wouldn't start when plugged in, so I rented a pump and drained from the sump well. What remained was a dark greyish sludge that smelled...

View more questions Search