Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizziebacher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 02:25 PM
    How to remove glue from newly installed hardwood floors
    Recently installed hardwood floors. The installers left little spots of glue all over the floor. I've spent hours sitting trying to rub it off with mineral spirit. Anything better?
    HELP!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 03:44 PM

If they did a sloppy job, lizzie, then you have to get guts and get after them to come back and look at what they have done. Your floors should not look like that if professionals installed them. You should not have to clean up after spending money to have that done!!

Tick
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 12:21 PM

I fully agree with tickle, call them back, this likley won't be their first call back. Many of the flooring adhesives are urathane and can't be cut by spirits once cured. They have special urathane remover and if the floor gets damaged it should be on their dime, not yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glue on hardwood floor [ 5 Answers ]

Just ripped up the carpet and found maple hardwood floors underneath, on one part there is a stretch where it was glued. Does anyone the best producted to use to remove it? Or is sanding my only option? Thanks.

Hardwood floors [ 1 Answers ]

Hardwood floors in the kitchen and bathroom are five years old. They recently started creaking in places when you walk on them. How do you stop the noise?

Hardwood Floors [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have carpet installed in all of my rooms except the kitchen. I know that we have hardwood floors under the carpet. I would like to convert to hardwood floors. Could you tell me the procedure for sanding and refinishing hardwood floors? In addition, an area of my den floor is warped...

Removing glue from just-installed maple hardwood [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed new maple flooring. I used PL400 glue under to start the first few rows. How do you get the excess glue off the floor safely? I tried Goo-gone, varsol, stain be-gone... nothing works. When you touch the floor, your finger prints remain and will not come off. :confused: ...

View more questions Search