123Ist Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Dentures need adjusting
    Can I adjust my dentures myself some kind of way
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 11:06 AM

No. I'd strongly advise against it.

There are some at-home reline kits but I've seen that they don't work as well and oftentimes people end up ruining their dentures.

If you need your dentures adjusted because of sore spots, it's best to see your dentist. Most times, they'll do the adjustment at no charge and can do it in the office. They need you to come in so they can pinpoint the spots that are rubbing.

I've seen many people destroy their dentures by trying to "fix" them at home. Leave adjustments to a professional. :)
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 02:19 PM

Definitely go see a denturist or dentist and have your dentures adjusted properly.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Mar 27, 2009, 07:12 PM

Uhh
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir1981 View Post
    uhh
    How is this helpful to the OP?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caps or Dentures? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 60 year old female who has had dental problems, crowns, root canal therapy, etc. all of my life. My dentist told me at my last visit that I need 4 crowns replaced. I'm really tired of spending this much money, which by the way I don't have, and I am considering dentures. What would you...

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

Upper dentures [ 1 Answers ]

Will be needing upper dentures any advice for me? I am so scared but I really need to do it.I am scared they will look too big like horse teeth I seen that before.

Dentures [ 4 Answers ]

I have dentures and have had them for about 4 years. I keep hearing that if they don't fit right it could be bad for my health. I do glue mine in but I don't really think that they don't fit. Is gluing them in all the time a bad thing to be doing?

Need dentures? [ 0 Answers ]

I am just starting with a new dentist after about 7 years of not seeing one. I have always had bad teeth and dental problems. The situation now is - On the top, I have 3 missing teeth, one tooth half-missing (fillings fell out and it is barely there), three loose teeth due to possible gum...

View more questions Search