Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Mar 27, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Selfish dumb roommate!
    My suitemate, we share a bathroom and can hear everything in both rooms, decided to bring a guy home last night and kept me up till four in the morning! This is the third time I've had to listen to her have sex with someone. When I confronted her about it, she said it was her right to have a guy in the room and basically said she didn't care. They both wake me up every morning about an hour before I need to wake up every morning. I told them that I expect some respect and to be quiet before nine in the morning. Which I doubt they'll do because they HAVE to blowdry their hair in the bathroom? What do I do? I've tried being nice, I'm about to explode! I'm so angry! I understand that the walls are thin but it was a Thursday night!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 10:39 AM
    What time are they waking you up exactly? You said it's about an hour before you need to get up; is it unreasonably early?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 10:41 AM

I would assume if she is up all night that she is sleeping all day so I would give her a taste of her own medicine.

Keep her awake when she is trying to sleep.

I know it is a nasty way to right a wrong but since her attitude is as bad as her manners ,she deserves it.

Or you could approach the situation when it is happening and tell them at the time.Maybe you just need to embarrass her into decent behavior.

You could always say when she is engaged in the act*not again,another guy keeping me awake all night*.

I don't think her partner would care for that too much.

If all else fails ask her to move and find a more compatible roomie. You could also try ear plugs or put a fan in your room.That is what I do to drown out noise.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Mar 27, 2009, 10:51 AM
    It's not an unreasonable hour. Around eight, but sometimes they'll keep me awake till one in the morning and then wake me up at eight. Last night I was up will four in the morning and then they woke me up at eight thirty.

I had earplugs in and I could still hear her being gross. While they were doing it, I knocked on the door, slammed the bathroom door and then yelled "really" pretty loudly. She's not a classy girl.

They think I was being rude before, well I'll show them rude. I was planning on waking up around five and being obnoxious. I've never been treated with such disrespect!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 12:23 AM

That's when you bang on the door while they are being loud and gross and say, "Can you and Steve or Joe or whoever it is tonight, please keep it down? I have to work tomorrow. Thanks."

If she is going to be rude, then sometimes its only necessary to fight fire with fire. It worked with my old roommates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Evict Roommate that broke Roommate Agreement Lease? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on a month to month lease with my landlord for 6 years now, he says technically no lease though? I have a roommate that moved in 5 months ago that is being uncooperative and broke written rules in "our" roommate agreement contract. I am trying to get her to move out but she will not, talked...

Roommate Problems: How to Deal with crazy Roommate [ 4 Answers ]

I have a roommate who is 52 years old (Japanese/American bon in US). He was pretty good roommate from Aug 2001, just because he never lived in apt until end of July, I think. He was living with his girlfriend whole time but he came back once a while but he never stayed no longer than 1 week....

I'm being screwed by selfish Ex-roommate [ 3 Answers ]

My former roommate and I agreed to renew our leasing contract by signing a new 6-month leasing agreement. In the former and new leasing agreement we both split rent and utilities equally. 2 month into the lease she broke the lease by moving out and not paying her half. I was not able to...

Selfish, self-centered boyfriend=selfish, self-centered husband [ 6 Answers ]

My husband has done many things to hurt me. To begin, he lied about who he was when we were dating. We were young and in college; he pretended to not smoke, get drunk, and go to church regularly. Thus, we seemed to have so much in common. We talked for hours; he swept me off my feet with...

View more questions Search