Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Is he divorced?
    My sister-in-law filed for divorce from my brother about 2 years ago. My brother never signed any papers or cooporated with her lawyer. Now he decides he wants to marry again. How and where would he go to find out if he is divorced, without having to contact his ex, so he can remarry?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2006, 02:01 PM
    Guess that will teach him a lesson about not cooporating with the other attorney.

Most likely yes but he will need to contact the court where the divorce was filed though and check the records.

If he contacts the ex, she will most likely lie at this point to make his life hard because of the way he did, so I would not trust her at this point for the truth anyway.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
    He can check with the court where the divorce was filed. If he never showed the divorce will be considered a default. Which means she got what she asked for in her court papers.

It would then be a divorce by default.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still not divorced [ 7 Answers ]

I have been seeing a man for over a year now. He has been separated from his wife for over a year and a half. They are going for a dissolutionment, but not has happened yet. How long should I wait for a commitment? I know he does not love her, but how can I speed things up?

Divorced But Together: What If One Dies? [ 11 Answers ]

I am divorced but we are together as a couple and have been since shortly after the divorce was final back in 1994. Question, we own a house jointly and my husband has a 401K and we both have life insurance policies naming each other as beneficiaries. If one of us is to die, and being that we...

Divorced for 1 Year [ 2 Answers ]

North Carolina resident, divorce was uncontested, he did not ever appear in court or respond to any atty notices, divorce was final 2/28/05 now he says he can have the divorce reversed and seize all property, he also threatens to sue me for mental anguish. His newest threat is to sue my boyfriend...

Divorced? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way to see if my friend really is divorced without paying for detective fees? Are there data bases to view?:confused:

Divorced men only, please [ 1 Answers ]

Hi MEN only please. I've been involved with a wonderful person for 2 years now. We have a very similar background. We're both divorced, have a child each (boys) and never take each other for granted. We both work hard at communicating our differences. While he's pretty much almost perfect...

View more questions Search