Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommy102808 Posts: 52, Reputation: 11

Mar 27, 2009, 06:56 AM
    After C-Section, Bad Periods.
    First of all a little background... I'm 19 years old and just had my first daughter by c-section in October. Before I was pregnant my periods were very regular I knew exactly when they were coming and had not cramps and my period only lasted for 3 - 4 days. After my surgery I bled pretty normal I guess at the hospital the first day but the next few days the nurses told me that they couldn't believe that I was bleeding that much but that it was okay. I bled maybe 4 weeks afterwards and those four weeks were not heavy just like one of my normal periods. I had a normal period in December 3- 4 days no heavy bleeding. Then... in January and Febraury I didn't have a period at all. Thought I was pregnant again but the tests said negative. Now I've started my period again and it has been very painful, almost unbearable. I'm changing 2 super plus tampons in an hour or so. And some clots. Sorry if it's too much info but I really want to know if this is normal I didn't go to my six week check up and now I don't have a medical card... please help. ((sorry so long))
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2009, 12:10 PM

Periods can be off for awhile... are you breastfeeding by chance, or did you? That can often effect them even longer. Have you gone on any sort of birth control? That can play a role as well.

More than likely your body is still adjusting from giving birth, especially since you didn't have periods in Jan. and Feb. and are having a heavy one now. See how it goes... if you continue with the very heavy bleeding it would be worth checking with your doctor. Since you don't have a medical card, you could always call and see what they have to say.
    Mommy102808 Posts: 52, Reputation: 11

Mar 28, 2009, 07:49 AM

That was the reason I was askingI didn't even try to breast feed and this is happening. Thank you for answering my question, I really appreciate. Now everything is okay and back to normal I guess it was just a one day event. Hope it doesn's happen next month too, its kind of scary.
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 29, 2009, 03:24 PM
    You should check with your local Health Dept.
    Most of them offer gynological care and birth control for woman who are not insured or underinsured.

There are also usually a community action agency in most communities that offer free clinics for the same.

Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Section 145 [ 2 Answers ]

What is under Law Act No 145

Periods after C Section [ 3 Answers ]

My wife gave birth to our baby 7 weeks before. She was having periods for two months now the third month has been start and she is having more bleeding but it is not heavy. Is it OK or shall we contact our doctor.

Hi. I had periods again after my normal periods [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I am 19 year old girl. I am having regular periods since 3 months but when I started having sex with my boyfriend I started taking ecp pills. Fews days back I had my normal periods and then on 6th day I had sex and took pills after sex. Then on 11th day I again suddenly had pain in stomach...

FAQ section [ 9 Answers ]

Is it just me or is the FAQ section on here really hard to find?

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

View more questions Search