Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandma215 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2006, 09:46 AM
    Pain in the groin area
    Hi, I have pain in the groin area and down the inside of my leg, mostly when I get up after I sit a long time. I have to stand still a few seconds for the pain to go away before I take a step. Someone said I could need hip replacement. I have gained a good bit of weight and my stomach is large, so I wondered if it could be the pressure on some nerves or something. I told my doctor about this and he checked my circulation and said I had good pulse. He said it could be arthritis or my weight and didn't seem worried. Anyone with suggestion or idea on what could be wrong?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2006, 06:41 PM
    It sounds as though you could have pressure on your sacral nerve. Although you could have a good pulse, it is psooble that a nerve is pinched. Bad or no pulse would mean that you would be pinching your artery (vein) to that area.

It is very possible this is due to your weight.

Sep 6, 2006, 05:42 AM
    Thanks J 9 for your response. I have been told that I have a pinched nerve, but that was about three or four years ago and I didn't have this problem then. Just lower back and hip pain. I can't do any heavy work or my back will hurt real bad. I can take medication and put a heat pad on my back at night and the next morning it is better. Should I see a Doctor or is there anything they can do except tell me to take pain pills.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2006, 11:35 AM
    You need to see your doctor who will, most likely, refer you to physical therapy.

Sep 6, 2006, 11:42 AM
    J 9 Do you believe in chiropractors helping someone with their back problems?
    Expert

Sep 6, 2006, 12:12 PM
    I have heard both good and bad about chiropractors. I, however, do not go to a chiropractor. I value my mobility and, even though many are very good at what they do, I am very afraid of having someone manipulate my back like that.

On the other hand, my mother-in-law swears by hers, she is 74 by the way. She gets manipulations whenever she feels anything that may be pinched, or gets headaches.

You just have to be very careful in who you choose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red bumps on thighs in groin area [ 1 Answers ]

Over the weekend, I noticed red bumps on both of my thighs in the groin area. They kind of look like acne almost. I showed it to my parents and they didn't think it was anything to worry about. I had ran out of detergent and borrowed my roommates to use once or twice. Could that be it? I was also...

Itching Groin!? [ 2 Answers ]

Im 16 and I shaved my pubic hairs for about 1 year then stopped because my girl friend didn't like it, but now it is itching like crazy even with the hair grown back. It gets so bad that I lose sleep over it, any ideas?

Dmz area [ 7 Answers ]

What is OWA means? OWA "front End" " DMZ Area"? OWA "Back End" " DMZ Area"?

Pain in lower left groin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am 22 years old and have never had a regular period. I can't even remember the last time I had a natural period. But my concern at this moment is that I have a pain on my lower left groin area that I have had for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting worse. Its kindof...

Pain in pelvic area [ 3 Answers ]

For a few weeks off and on I've been having dull pain in my left side in the pelvis area. Every time I moved I would experience pain. I just had a baby four months ago, and I had to get on birth control, so I'm using the patch (ortho evra). Every week I put on a new patch and since I've moved the...

View more questions Search