Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ced080188 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2009, 08:09 PM
    I don't feel as crazy as I believe I am
    When I was about ten or eleven I was sitting in my room and I had entered in to this day-dream state. I had realized, while I was imagining this alternate story, that I had been day dreaming more and more each day. I had always grown up with the idea that you were only crazy when you answer a question you had asked. Well I had been thinking about this while simultaneously having this day dream and I heard some one talking. Then I realized I was the one talking. Since then the day dreams have become so frequent I can't stop them any more. I can not hold actual concentration on one idea for more than a few seconds I have tried everything to keep myself here but nothing has worked it is so second nature to me that I do it with out realizing I am some where else. Whole days I can't remember, conversations, food, clothes. All gone. But I was there and I responded. I will get off work and not remember anything except I was there I day dream about all sorts of stuff whether it is relevant to what is going on. violent, happy, sad, sweet, wishes, pasts. Am I crazy? How can I stop this? What do you think it is?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 12:50 PM

Many people live in an alternative fantasy world... some of these worlds are more acceptable than others, religion, for example, but just living in a daydream state is sort of pathological because you are missing all the good things in life as well as the disappointing things.

Tiime to go to a good therapist for some help.

Having a happy life takes a lot of effort... a person can't just dream away and expect to find happiness. Happiness requires a lot of action and doing, rational thinking and planning, goal setting and help from those more intelligent.

YOu can do it if you take the first step. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 01:13 AM

Hi, ced080188!

What are some of the things that you like to do for recreation, please? You might not need professional therapy, but some things in your life that can help you to get a check on what your reality is.

Thanks!

Apr 1, 2009, 10:26 PM
    I just would like to say that more intellegent is not nec. Just some one who knows a different point of veiw to help explain what I can't see yet. My IQ proves I am smart. My past proves I am Unstable.

Apr 1, 2009, 10:50 PM
    And the problem is that is I do think rationally and am on the go all the time. I own a business and have a regular job. My family, friends. I do all these things daily but it is like I am not here. Full debates and convos but I am still not here it is subconscious

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dumped and I feel crazy. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am new to this so bear that in mind with your responses. My ex and I broke up several times over the past year and a half. I am having a hard time since I feel I created most of the problems. Let me start from the beginning, I was in a long distance relationship- driving in on the...

Do I tell her how I feel? The crazy "exes ex is suicidal" thing is ending. [ 2 Answers ]

So, Some of you may know my story from my previous post here :"My exes ex is suicidal." Here is my last question her: Okay, So my ex girlfriends ex boyfriend is suicidal. We will call the girlfriend 'Mary' and her ex boyfriend 'John,' and myslef 'Joe.' Mary went out with John for 4 months....

PMS I feel like I am going crazy [ 5 Answers ]

I have just turned 40 and I am experiencing the worst pms ever. I do not know when to cry or to laugh things that generally would not make me mad make me very angry. I feel like a very hateful person, which I am not. I know that I am driving my husband crazy on top of the fact I feel like I am...

I feel like I'm going crazy [ 19 Answers ]

I met a man at work, I found out later he was married but I had already gotten deep into the relationship. He has done many disresptful things to me, he has stood me up numerous times, too many to count, he lies about where he has been, I have given him an untimatium, and now I haven't heard from...

I feel like I'm going crazy! [ 5 Answers ]

:P I am a mother of 3, twins who are three years old and a little girl who is 16 months. My boys seem to be going through the terrible 2s all over again. They will not listen to me or my husband no matter what. We have tried being nice, putting them before our daughter, I though maybe it was...

View more questions Search