Ask
    kallifer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Story of Kane and Able
    I need a quick summery of the story of Kane and Able
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 06:30 PM

Let me see, in the time waiting you could have read the couple pages of the entire story.

One was jealous, and killed the other
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 06:33 PM

Cain killed Abel.

The reaminder can be found at NEW ADVENT BIBLE: Genesis 4 (link)

JoeT
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2009, 03:11 AM

Hi, kallifer!

Here's another link where you can find some information about that.

Story of Cain and Abel Summary - Google Search

Thanks!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 11:19 PM
    kallifer,
    You have received some good answers and links.
    Keep in mind as you read them that jealousy and envy can be very evil and lead to more evil in terrible acts like killing another human being.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Apr 5, 2009, 07:56 AM

The story of Kane and Able has many levels.They both sacrificed , but Kane sacrificed fruits of the earth and that was not acceptable from God and Able sacrificed a perfect lamb and that was acceptable.They both knew what was acceptable because they were both taught by their father Adam who knew that a sacrifise was acceptable only if a lamb was offered because he saw God doing that and providing for him and his wife that way their first piece of clothing!
    Instead of that Kane offered fruits of the earth and the earth is what man was made of, so in other words the earth symbolizes the flesh and the fruits that Kane offered was nothing more than the fruits of the flesh and that was not acceptable!
    Those two persons and their offering also symbolize the offerings of Religion and Faith,or in other words Pharisaism and real Faith.Kane killed Able like the Pharissees killed the Messiah, Jesus Christ!
    This still goes on our days, organized religion(and don't get this wrong) is still killing real faith.Organized religion is to do more or to do less than God instructed us to do, or offer in other words.That is religion,human laws , fruits of the flesh that are not acceptable . On the other hand , real Faith is obeying God's will !
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:01 PM
    adam7gur,
    Notice that Cain gave SOME of the fruits of his labor (garden) in offering while Able gave the FIRST Fruits of his labor (flock) as offering to God.
    Cain did not give of the FIRST fruits of his labor.
    Therefore Able's offering was more acceptable to God than was Cain's.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 12, 2009, 02:39 PM

Cain's offer was also not acceptable because "without the shedding of blood. there is no remission of sin." God was the slayer of the first animal to "cover" the first sin of Adam and Eve. It is also God that supplied the sacrifice when Isaac was about to be slain on the altar, and the main sacrifice for us by our own high priest Jesus who was and is God in the flesh.
    Besides, picking a few vegetables is certainly not much of a sacrifice.
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 10:53 PM
    homesell.
    That IS interesting and thought provoking.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Citizen Kane who or what is Rosebud? [ 7 Answers ]

In Citizen Kane, who or what is Rosebud?

Another ex story. [ 5 Answers ]

We've dated before... earlier on this year and before that we knew eachother for a year. He told me eveything about his life (even things his own family didn't know even things his best friends for ever didn't know). We grew closer with time and the night he asked me out was the one night I swear I...

My story [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so My boyfriend and I are trying to conceive. Jan. 14, 2007 was my last regular, normal period. My normal periods are heavy, heavy dark red and they last 4 days exactly. Feb. 10, 2007 I had brown spotting with light red/pink blood. It lasted 3 days. I took 3 test all came back negative....

My story... [ 63 Answers ]

Hi everyone,I'm writing this for myself and for anyone who feels they have the time to read it. For the last few days I've been looking at posts and reading about people's relationships and problems and I must say I'm very surprised but in a way comfortable. I'm not sure why I didn't expect a lot...

View more questions Search