Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 04:38 PM
    Changing faulty Vulcan CX90 programmable thermostat
    The programmable thermostat on our Vulcan CX90 ducted gas heating system has died. A gas plumber has checked out the furnace, which is working fine, but he was unable to replace the programmable thermostat as they are no longer available. Tradelink advise that it can be replaced by a Honeywell digital programmable unit model TH61101021/U.
    Can you advise: 1) that the Honeywell unit is a suitable replacement and 2) how to wire the Honeywell unit to the Vulcan terminal block.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 04:49 PM

Can you tell me what letters are at the furnace terminal. And what colored wires are run from the thermostat to furnace. I agree honeywell would be the way to go, I just need to know a little more about your system to point you in the right honeywell direction. Also, if you could tell me the letters on the old thermostat, it may help. Are you dead set on a programmable, or would you be happy with good manual thermostat.
    j54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    can you tell me what letters are at the furnace terminal. and what colored wires are run from the thermostat to furnace. I agree honeywell would be the way to go, i just need to know a little more about your system to point you in the right honeywell direction. Also, if you could tell me the letters on the old thermostat, it may help. Are you dead set on a programmable, or would you be happy with good manual thermostat.
    Letters at both furnace and thermostat terminals are A to F and colours are
    A red
    B brown
    C blue
    D black
    E yellow
    F white
    All 6 wires run from the thermostat to the furnace
    Would be happy with a manual one which would only require some of the wires to be used but don't know which ones
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 02:23 PM

Sorry j54, I was hoping the terminals would be r,w, c,g,y. I can't help you out with the a-f. But I'm sure one of the others here will be able to. Good luck.
    littlebudgie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 12:44 AM
    Did anyone find an answer?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2011, 03:26 AM

By now, it's fixed, or they moved to a new place with a working thermostat... :D
    littlebudgie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 09:18 PM
    Bummer, mine is stuffed and needs to be replaced.
    Can anyone help?

tinkerler Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Needs a wiring mod on the heater outside to connect the thermostat directly to the gas valve. You'd probably want to get someone qualified to do it if your not into wiring.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vulcan CX90 and Honeywell Focus Pro 6000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to install a Honeywell Focus Pro 6000 controller to a Vulcan CX90 Ducted Heating Unit. There are 6 wires coming from the CX90 marked A,B,C,D,E & F. The wiring diagram for the CX90 is no help because all 6 wires disappear into a decoder unit. Can anyone offer any help on wiring...

Changing old thermostat to programmable [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lenox (36G6901)heat pump thermostat 2 stage heat/1 stage cooling and I want to change it to a Honeywell RTH7500 7 day progammable. I have 9 wires in the box Lennox thermostat R=red wire V=white F=green M=black L=brown A=orange Y=yellow and red

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Changing 2 stage manual thermostat to 1 stage programmable [ 3 Answers ]

All wires match up except the RED wire (previously connected to "R") and the blue wire (previously connected to "C") on an manual white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f58w-58 2 stage heat/cool). On the programmable white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f78-151 single stage) I only have one open terminal and...

View more questions Search