Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    etezelal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Journal entry
    Hi
    Interest received $343 had been entered correctly in the cash book and had been debited to the interes received account
    Can you write the answers with some explanations please... :confused:
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Apr 1, 2009, 07:20 PM

The entry for this should be Dr. Cash, Cr, Interest Receivable. Your question needs to be clarified to get a better answer.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 04:08 PM

The correct entry for this will be:
    Debit Cash for the amount, because you received cash.
    Credit Interest Revenue for the amount, if someone owes you interest or
    Credit Interest Receivable for the amount, if the amount was earned and recorded in a previous accounting period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry and adjusting entry [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I am new to this site. I am coming across some difficulty with my assignment. If someone can please help me:confused: 1. On may 1st, there was a rent payment for may and June for 4500. THEN 2. I have an adjusting entry for a $1000 of unearned rent. Here is the confusing part to...

Journal Entry / Double-entry software needed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a good software to use for daily journal entries and adjustments, that will allow me to create at least a balance sheet & income statement and perhaps a few reports (like inventory, accounts receivables). I need a real double-entry & simple reliable software. Peachtree &...

What do I debit/credit in journal entry/adjusting entry? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am unsure about the correct way to debit/credit these entries. Can someone help me? Window Washing Company opened on July 1, 2010. During July the following transactions were completed: July 1 Issued 14,456 shares of common stock for $14,456 cash. July 1 Purchased used truck for...

Journal Entry [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this journal entry: Borrowed $15,000 from the bank by issuing a 12-month note. Interest accrues on the note at the rate of 12% annually, or 1% per month. Interest is to be paid when the note is due next year.

View more questions Search