Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lescb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Latin clarification needed
    In Latin, what's the difference between Decus, Honos, and Honor?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 12:05 PM

My latin is a bit rusty but here's an attempt...
    Decus means honor or dignity doesn't it? And then honos is like distinction. Honor on the other hand is like regard or dignity.

If I remember right, they all come from the same word and basically all mean the same thing, but it depends on what your talking about, which one you use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need clarification [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for a year and this month I started spotting and getting brown discharge a week before my period starts. My period is irregular but it never came early and definitely never light. I took a test and it was negative. Is it too...

Clarification Before I Buy [ 2 Answers ]

OK.. Just getting some last minute advice before I run out and spend money lol. I am running a line out to a detached building. It will be coming out of a 200 amp service into a 60 amp breaker sub panel. I will use 6-3 w/gnd (Underground w/ conduit) to do this as well as #6 to run from the ground...

Stimulus Clarification [ 1 Answers ]

I just need some clarification as to the stimulus plan, so here are my details - I was laid off last year(2007). My wife and I filed jointly for 2007. My Gross Adjusted Income was about $9000. $3000 was Earned Income(Jobs), while the rest was Unemployment. Totally, we paid $651 in federal...

Makeup air clarification needed [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, I have my furnace and water heater in a closet in my home. My home is approx. 1000 sq. ft. and has a crawl space. There is a vent on the floor which is supposed to provide makeup air to the furnace and the water heater. The vent looks like a standard floor register and I think it is...

Tax clarification [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am a green card holder with us income as only gift of shares from my son.I have foreign country income from India as dividends,interest and small business income.All this I am getting in india for several years before I became a residenrt and my foreign income has no connection with any...

View more questions Search