Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi888 Posts: 71, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Staying hydrated
    Hi, I have kind of strange question and not sure if this is a good place to find the answer. I'll be sitting an 8 hour exam pretty soon with 45 min total break-time available to me for the entire day. I drink a lot of fluids normally throughout the day but the exam doesn't allow you to take fluids into the exa room with you. Does anyone have any suggestions how to keep hydrated without drinking? I don't want to lose focus during the exam if I feel like my mouth and throat is drying out. I thought of having a piece of cough drop in my mouth. Can anyone offer any other solution?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 26, 2009, 10:46 AM

Can you take a break every hour or so to get a drink or is it one 45 minute break half way through the test?

Mar 26, 2009, 10:50 AM
    I can take a break every hour. I have to get my stuff out of a locker and drink/eat. That's another problem I eat quite a bit normally but really small portions. I did a full-length practice exam today and I was losing focus during the test because of hunger or thirst.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Hopefully it is a self paced test. My RN exam test was as you describe, I was done in an hour!!

Mar 26, 2009, 10:56 AM
    It's a timed test and about a little over a min per question. People usually run out of time on this one..
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 11:00 AM

Jolly Rogers hard candies last a long time as opposed to other hard candy but try them out first before the exam as they may make you more thirsty.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 26, 2009, 11:42 AM

If you can take a break every hour, get a quick drink and a snack and get back to the test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terrificly painful cramps and spasms while hydrated [ 5 Answers ]

I get tremendous cramps in my neck and back. Upper and lower. Sometime I seem to be close to passing out cause the pain stops me from breathing. I drink water religiously and it seems to make no difference. I know your going to ask so I measured my intake. At least 2000ml a day. Sometimes...

Staying the same! [ 6 Answers ]

I'm pregnant, my boyfirend and I are both very happy about this, we have an amazing relationship, the kind that people are jelous of. My question is does it always change after the birth of a child? We are best friends as well as partners, and I just don't want to lose any aspect of that because...

Lab: Determining the Formula of a Hydrated Salt [ 1 Answers ]

For this Lab what would be the puporse of this lab? What's happening is that your taking Magnesium Sulphate Hepta Hydrate and then heating it up which changes to Anhydrous Magnesium Sulphate. :confused:

Furnace not staying on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Amana (GUD070X30B) , White-Rodgers 50A50-288 Control. The thermostat calls for heat, the gas turns on and runs for approx 15 minutes then the gas shuts off but the thermostat is still calling for heat. The inducer motor is still running and the diagnostic light is 3 Blinks...

View more questions Search