Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Sep 5, 2006, 03:03 AM
    Constant and heavy bleeding with clots
    Hey everyone,

For the past few months, maybe 4 months or 5, my mother has been bleeding as though on her period. She gets bad cramps and large clots on occasion too. She just won't stop. It can stop for a day sometimes, but then it is back in full flow. It is very heavy. She is overdue to have a contraceptive loop removed from her cervix by about 5 years!! Could this be the cause?

Please help, I am a little worried.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2006, 03:08 AM
    I would suggest to your mum to go to a gynea asap.

Sep 5, 2006, 03:12 AM
    Yes, I have been saying this, especially since she is prone to annemia, but she won't until the insuance is sorted (it won't be for about a week) and I wanted to get some info.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2006, 03:17 AM
    Have you searched the net?
    I'm sorry I can't really help, I would if I knew but I don't, sorry.

Sep 5, 2006, 03:20 AM
    Yeah, it is inconclusive mostly. I hope someone has some kind of experience to help, usually that is the best way, but certain the gynea in a week! Thanks Krs, xx
    starryeyed Posts: 49, Reputation: 6

Sep 8, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Please see a doctor! My Ausnt had a similar symptom and was really ill... she's OK now, but it was a long hawl...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Yes, this can be a serious problem, especially if the "loop" was to be removed 5 years ago. This could possibly be an infection and she should get to the doc as soon as possible.

Jun 12, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Thank you for all of your help! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood clots that stop period in its tracks! [ 11 Answers ]

I have been blessed with extremely heavy periods and massive blood clots due to fibroids. Over the past few months, I have noticed an unusual and unsettling change. My period will start and appear to be normal (for me) then, it will just stop! It will stop for hours and even up to two days. ...

Large clots and discharge during period [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 27, not sexually active, and during my last period I had a few blood clots that were so large, they pushed my tampon out of my body along with heavy bleeding. Also, there was a mucus-like discharge mixed with blood that continued at the end of my period. In the past, my menstration cycles...

Blood clots during heavy bleeding period [ 52 Answers ]

Is it normal to have large blood clots during the heaviest Bleeding period

Heavy vaginal bleeding after rough sex [ 5 Answers ]

My new partner and I have just recently started having sex. I am a 42 year old female with three children. I had my tubes tied over 8 years ago after the birth of my third child. He is only the second person in my life that I have been intimate with. His style is not what I have been used to....

Blood clots after miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Last June at 5 months pregnant, I found out my baby had died. I had lost my insurance when I got pregnant and my husband and I were told to go to what turned out to be an abortion clinic for the removal. I had a very hard time during the procedure. It had to be repeated several times during the 6...

View more questions Search