Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jon09822 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Good Ways To Advertise
    I am looking for some good advice on some advertising - so I hope Im starting this thread correctly. I do have to leave for awhile, but, will return later.

Thanks!
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 26, 2009, 10:41 AM
    What type of business?
    Have you done anything in advertising yet?
    Depending on the business finding local Yahoo groups and local websites that allow Free advertising or low cost is always a good start. Also fliers and business cards placed around local businesses that may tie into your own or that offer to allow sharing of business cards.
    Calling places that are in fact related to your business asking if you can advertise there (I prefer to go around to said places in person )
    Just a few ideas for low cost and free advertising.
    Of course radio spots for local radios as well as ads for the local newspapers are always old standbys

Mar 26, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Hi libay and thanks. I agree. I do have flyers and business cards and I do advertise on places like the craigslist too. I also have thought of making up packages and dropping them off at local businesses and apartment complexes so that's a good idea too.

I am want to get good exposure on the internet though, as well.

Thanks!
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 26, 2009, 02:44 PM
    I know in my area we have a couple groups that are community relaxed just our town and a few close by ones. They are off shoots of Freecycle. Like Freecycle Café and Freecycle Bistro where people ask for people who do such and such kind of work.
    That would be a option.
    Also possibly printing up a coupon to pass to Friends or for those who send in a friend gets a discount again this would all revolve around what type business you have
    Do you have a website?
    If so Getting your link on to all the many city and state places that offer free link posting There are Loads
    I have found doing a search for your city and town and for businesses like yours will give you many sites that you yourself can post your link on as well as other business info.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 01:38 AM

Hi, Jon09822!

I've just now noticed this thread that you started! Hopefully, we'll be on at the same time soon so that we can discuss what you're wanting to do as far as advertising on the Internet.

I've been house and dog-sitting since last Friday night and have been a little out of touch with this site. I'm usually on here really late at night. Will be moving back into my own home, late tomorrow night.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 02:55 AM

Hi, Jon09822!

I'm still interested in helping you with this! I do hope that you return to here!

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2009, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Jon09822!

I'm still interested in helping you with this! I do hope that you return to here!

Thanks!

Hi CLough- haven't been on as much lately- been kind of busy, but, Im still around! Will be on a bit more now. Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon09822 View Post
    Hi CLough- havent been on as much lately- been kind of busy, but, Im still around!! Will be on a bit more now. Thanks!
    Okay, I'm glad that you'll be on a bit more now! I haven't been on in the last couple of days because of health reasons.

Thanks!

Apr 13, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Okay, I'm glad that you'll be on a bit more now! I haven't been on in the last couple of days because of health reasons.

Thanks!

Hope all is good. I am back online again. Hope to see you on.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 11:53 AM

I have a list of things you can do:

If you have a myspace have a link to your business as your signature so others will see it.

I'm not sure if this is illegal: when I ran my own business I used to put my business cards in places like; diaper bags, in containers at stores and just anywhere I could jam the card in [I got a lot of leads this way].

Make flyers

Post it a free ad kijiji.com or kijiji.ca

Target a group. My target group were mostly mothers. So I would go to play groups and leave business cards on the table, in the kids section of the library by the other brochures.

Sarah

Apr 13, 2009, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    I have a list of things you can do:

If you have a myspace have a link to your business as your signature so others will see it.

I'm not sure if this is illegal: when I ran my own business I used to put my business cards in places like; diaper bags, in containers at stores and just anywhere I could jam the card in [I got a lot of leads this way].

Make flyers

Post it a free ad kijiji.com or kijiji.ca

Target a group. My target group were mostly mothers. So I would go to play groups and leave business cards on the table, in the kids section of the library by the other brochures.

Sarah

I am in the process of doing a myspace page and I got flyers and business cards already - Also just posted on backpage and craigslist too. I never thought of the whole card idea -- It would be interesting to see how many interesting places I can find to leave them... LOL.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 04:24 PM
    I am in the process of doing a myspace page and I got flyers and business cards already - Also just posted on backpage and craigslist too. I never thought of the whole card idea -- It would be interesting to see how many interesting places I can find to leave them...LOL.
    I did it in a list of these places:

-I put them under the lids of formulas, coffee and anything that a lid could be opened that has a sealer to protect the food.
    - In the juice box packs, I'd slide it in between them
    -In books/magazines
    -In pockets of store clothing
    -In wallets, purses and backpacks.
    -In resealable packages
    -In boxes. Boxes usually have a small opening which is perfect enough to slide a card through [i.e. diaper boxes]

I have a gigantic list somewhere in my house- If I find it I'll let you know.

Sarah
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Hope all is good. I am back online again. Hope to see you on.
    Hi again, Jon09822!

I am back again after needing to be away from here for a few days. I hope to meet up with you "live" on here sometime soon!

Thanks!

Apr 30, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Hi again, Jon09822!

I am back again after needing to be away from here for a few days. I hope to meet up with you "live" on here sometime soon!

Thanks!

Hey CLOUGH- I been looking to see if you were on from time to time - Im still wanting to chat with you -- I actually been reading over one of the threads you posted before about the advertising and I did one on one of the sites you did - just posted it lastnight and did a search this morning and it was on the first page of Google! I was amazed at how quickly it was up there! Hope to talk soon.
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 05:44 PM

Okay, that's cool that you got on the first page of a Google search. I've been having some difficulities at home with my electricity, so I'm living with friends for the time being and not using my own computer. I hope to get together with you sometime soon!
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

May 6, 2009, 04:27 PM

If you are looking for free ways to advertise your business online. Go to: How to make money online and get traffic to your website or blog?.

There I have ways you can make money and get traffic to your website or blog. There you will find free advertising forums and classified ads you can place your ads for free and there are also other programs you can use too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are some new ways to meet GOOD men? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I recently broke up. Well, we broke up 2 months ago. We had been together for 4 years, but I did not want to commit for some inexplicable reason. I have done a lot of soul-searching the past 2 months and I realized something was missing that held me back with my ex, but I AM ready to...

Ways to advertise computer repair/networking services? [ 110 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I have been attempting to get a small business off the ground that I have been investing my time into. Unfortunately, since I am unemployed and making so little money (around ~100-200 a week), I don't really have any money to sink into advertising. I am currently using craigslist and...

Where is a good and cost effective place to advertise? [ 4 Answers ]

In the greater Pittsburgh PA area. Where is a good and cheap place to advertise a commercial cleaning franchise opportunity? We've used employment guide but are looking for other avenues to help get people from the surrounding areas like Greensburg, Butler, and Washington PA. Any ideas?

Ways to stay looking good on flight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm flying back to the US for Christmas, it's an 8 hour flight. I'm traveling with my boyfriend and meeting people as soon as we get off the plane... but I always look as though I've been through the garbage disposal by the time I get there! My hair and skin looks greasy and tired...

View more questions Search