Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saharsadeghi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Sound control icon on taskbar
    Hi all,

I have an HP laptop with Vista OS.The sound control icon on taskbar has disappeared.
    How should I fix it?

Thank you very much for your help.
    Anka Software Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2009, 08:55 AM

Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Select "Place Volume Icon in Task Bar'
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 26, 2009, 08:57 AM

Or right click on the taskbar, select properties then go to the Notification Area tab and make sure Volume is checked
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 02:52 AM

Hi,

Please go to start>control panel>sounds and audio devices then check the box place volume icon in the task bar.then click on OK and click on apply after you will get back the icon on task bar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Lan icon on the taskbar [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, My computer doesn't show the Lan icon on the taskbar. I have gone through the taskbar properties but there is also no option for lan icon on taskbar. How it is disappeared. Simultaneously, my broadband lan connection icon is also disappeared from taskbar when connected. I have done lan...

How to Restore Missing Volume Icon on TaskBar [ 2 Answers ]

The volume setting icon has disappeared from the taskbar on my desktop. What is the best/easiest way to get it back? Thanks, HeadRanger George in San Francisco

Remove Volume control from taskbar [ 18 Answers ]

I have been trying for months to get rid of a volume control from my task bar, it turned up at some point (I think its to do with Java) as well as with the original volume control that was there from the start. As my laptop has external control for volume, video, etc, these have stopped working...

No Sound and ICON gone [ 3 Answers ]

I have done everything suggested to me and I still have NO SOUND. When I 'rolled back" as was suggested it took away my SoundMax2 and won't reinstall it, also my volume icon in the tray is gone I tried the sndvol132 no luck. I have restored to a new restore point. Bottom Line I cannot get...

View more questions Search