Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keen96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Tracking my foster care records/history
    I recently found out that I was in foster care as a small child.

(I remember living with strangers in different houses, but always thought that they were family friends who cared for me during my parent's separation... denial is crazy! )

Anyway, I would like to find out how I ended up there, what time I was in foster care for, how many placements I was given, etc.

I haven't had much luck getting anyone from the actual Human Service Dept to respond to me.

Does anyone know of another way that I can access my own past? Or where I could begin?

Could I find it in court records somehow?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me with this one!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 08:51 AM

You might be able to track through census records, that type of info, depdnding on year(s) and area.

This is more of a missing persons question and probably should be moved there, where the researchers hang out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History and or haunted history records on a residential home [ 4 Answers ]

Would like to get free information re: a homes history or haunted history by researching prior tenants or owners to a property located in Vacaville, California. Address: 125 Andover Drive Vacaville CA 95687 curious as to anyone having information on suicide death at this residence. Please help.

Foster care [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old female. I live in gettysburg Pennsylvania and I have a son. I am currently in foster care with adams county children and youth. Every situation that I try to fix is resulted in being threatened to be separated from my son. I was wondering if I got married if I would be considered...

Foster records [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to help a friend out at the momment. She was fostered when she was younger and has no answers of why. She was fostered for 2yrs then went back to her biological mother. How could we get hold of her records to find out why she was put there. Thank you.

Police gps tracking records [ 2 Answers ]

How do I subpoena police gps tracking records?

Foster Care Records [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I need some help please. I am in the process of writing a book about my life and experience in Foster Care as a child. I want this book to be as close to the truth (without hurting some family members) as I can get it. I was in foster care from the age of 8 to 18 and I want to know...

View more questions Search