Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Perky67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 05:58 AM
    Personal medical info on employees
    If a small companies policy is to have every employee inform your safety coordinator and leader of what and all medicines if they have a warning to inform them of what you are taken what the warnings are and what doctor prescribed them... and them keep a log in case of an emergencie situation... Is this within HIPPA law?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2009, 06:02 AM

I would have to see the exact regs to tell. But I think it would certainly be appropriate for someone in the company to have a record of medications if (and only if) those medications could affect their job safety.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 06:02 AM

Yes, HIPAA controls who GETS the info. Your company (depending on what you do, heavy equipment and so forth) is entitled to this info.

Your company couldn't publish your medical information in a company newletter, for example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small Business in Texas required to offer medical benefits to salary employees? [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a small Texas business that only has 3 employees. I have been working hourly, but they want to put me on salary, which works for me. They aren't sure if they have to offer me medical benefits if they do give me salary instead of hourly. Are they? :confused:

Don't give him your personal info! [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, so. I understand why tis bad to give out your address, last name, house phone number to some creep you just met online but what's so bad about a Cellphone number? No way you can track me with that. Right ? ::Not that I do go around given some internet creeps my nubmer but it's...

Finding info about personal bank account [ 4 Answers ]

Lets say I return an item at a retail store and the refunded money goes directly to my personal bank account/credit card, can the owner or manager of that store legally find out the name of the account holder, going by the account numbers that they have in their computer system for that return?

Free Medical Info [ 2 Answers ]

Hello For Free Information about Medical Insurance Please Visit Medical Insurance Thank You

View more questions Search