Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordiadria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 04:28 AM
    Introduction letter for a new product
    Hi,

I need to write a letter of introduction for my olive oil to the buyer of a big supermarket chain that Im trying to sell my product to. I have no idea what should be in there. Any suggestions?
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Mar 26, 2009, 10:03 AM

I would suggest focusing on what makes you product special. Why should they carry it in addition to or in replacement of another brand. YOU need to sell them on your product and make it so they need it on their shelves. What's your marketing plan, this would all be important to share. A product sample should go without question.
    dawgsnkats Posts: 130, Reputation: 7

May 2, 2009, 10:21 PM

Items to have must include packages available and suggested retail prices of those packages. Using those prices, you will need to explain the margin and/or gross profit for each unit sold. Be sure to explain shelf life and any returns/exchanges you are willing to allow for expired goods. Be sure to explain what your oil does that the competitor already in their store does not. How are you going to service the product better than your comp? Make sure to offer extra marketing that leverages your product over existing brands.
    felgar Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2009, 10:49 AM
    Begin by introducing your company, the strength of your business, etc. and the purpose of your letter.

The content should also include the benefits of the products that you are about to introduce, why it is better than the other brands, the price, the packaging, terms of payment, mode of delivery, and service after sales.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 08:01 PM

Hi, jordiadria!

I know that your question is somewhat dated now, but did you finish your letter? If not, then you might want to consider posting a draft of it here, without putting in any contact information.

If you do that, I'm sure there will be those of us who'll be will to take a look at it and suggest ways that you might make improvements to it.

Thanks!
    Sajidhasan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 10:35 PM

Hi,
    I need to write a letter of introduction for my new chromo paper to the buyer like big printing press and paper traders in india. That Im trying to sell my product to. I have no idea what should be in there. Any suggestions?
    Sajidhasan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 10:50 PM

Hi,
    I need to write a letter of introduction for my new chromo paper to the buyer like big printing press and paper traders in india. That Im trying to sell my product to. I have no idea what should be in there. Any suggestions?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2010, 01:22 AM
    Just so people know who continue to post on this thread. It's now very old and archived and so, it's no longer visible on the list of currently active threads.

Also, this place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. New questions need to be asked by starting new threads. If you have a separate question that you would like to get noticed the most, then it would be best to start a new thread.

For information about writing business letters of various kinds, there's lots of information that can be found by clicking on the following links. If you post a draft of a letter that you would like to write, and do so on a new thread, without putting any contact information in it, I'm sure that there will be those of us who'll be willing to come along and suggest to you ways that you might make improvements to it.

Writing Guide: Business Letters

How to Write a Formal Business Letter | eHow.com

How to Write a Business Letter - MonkeySee

How to Write a Business Letter That Gets Results - Stepcase Lifehack

Business Letter of Introduction - LoveToKnow Business

Idea Cafe Small Business Archive: "Company introduction letter"

Business Letter Writing Basics

Business Letter Writing Basics - Cover Letters for Job Interviewing

How to Write a Business Letter | eHow.com

How to Write a Cover Letter and Resume: Format, Template, Sample and Examples

cover letters - introductory letters examples and templates for sales introduction letters and inventions ideas submissions

Business Introduction Letter

Business Letter of Introduction

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write an introduction of a new product [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I need to introduce a new product, how can I write the introduction? Thanks

Writing a letter Introducing a new product to a restaurant [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! My name is Beatriz, I'm brazilian, and I live in Canada. I need some help on how I can write a letter offering a brazilian new product to a restaurant(s). This is in fact a NEW AND UNIQUE product to canadians, very famous in Brazil an US. This product could be an "alternative" to the...

Introduction letter [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how to write a letter of introduction for my new business.

Introduction letter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone give me a good sample of a recruiting company introduction letter to a client. Thanking you in anticipation. Praveen

Letter of introduction [ 1 Answers ]

I want to write a letter of introduction for my new catering business. I have keyed in on certain businesses that often have catered events, and I want to introduce my business to them for their future events. Can you show me how to write this letter?

View more questions Search