Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sylvia1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 04:18 AM
    Conservation and preservation
    This is for my science class, my instructor is saying to write a 200 word response in the following, provide a brief summary differentiaing conservation and preservation do you believe that humans can harvest forest resources in an environmentally friendly way? Or should national forest be left in their natural state in which resources are not use to benefit humans? To which side are you inclined provide specific examples ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 26, 2009, 04:25 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 06:43 PM

So what do you think Sylvia?

Do you think national forests should be logged?
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

May 6, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Learn the difference between conservation and preservation. Start by defining the terms. Learn the how and who of forest management. There are privately owned forests as well as National Wilderness Areas. There is logging on public lands as well. Name and research the public agencies and private companies involved. Are forests manged well? What are the controversies? What is an old growth forest? What are the different logging methods? Clear cut is one example. Sustainability is an issue. Is there enough forest left? Where does the lumber come from? What types of trees are used to build houses and furniture? Do you trust the logging companies? Are environmentalists wacko? Answer these questions and you should have enough to complete an essay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Timber preservation [ 1 Answers ]

What are the methods of timber seasoning and methods of timber preservation

Tomato slices preservation [ 5 Answers ]

I packed sandwiches. Tomato slices sometimes spoil the sandwiches . How can I inhivit the tomato degradation? Dionisio Ibanez

Timber preservation [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly explain about ASCU treatment(for preserving timber)if possible with references?

View more questions Search