Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BernieTV Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 07:17 PM
    Rca to rca vs rca to s-video
    My question is this. I now have my tv2 output on my Bell 9200 receiver connected with 50 ft of inexpensive rca to rca composite video cable to my second TV[Sharp Aquos lcd]. The picture on my TV is acceptable but I am not completely satisfied.Would a high quality rca to rca cable or a high quality rca to s-video cable give the best results? The output for the tv2 on the receiver is only in rca but the TV does have an s-video input. I already have 2 tv's in hd so I do not want to buy or rent another hd receiver. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:29 PM

Do video over CAT 5. Use a pair of these.

Composite Video Transceiver with Screw Terminals
    BernieTV Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Do video over CAT 5. Use a pair of these.

Composite Video Transceiver with Screw Terminals
    Just so I'm clear, this will work as well or better than a high quality composite video rca to rca cable[50ft]?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 12:28 PM

It will actually work better. Coaxial connections have loss because of the capacitance and therefore are not suitable for long lengths.

If you take RG-6 or even RG-59 , there will be a loss of x db/100'. This will translate into a loss in signal. Db is a log scale so the losses are large on a linear scale.

Make sure your not using any sort of "Y" adapters for your video signal

Twisted pair is not subject to these same losses because the capacitance is much less.

So, the solution proposed will perform better for long distances.

Temporarily move the items within a few feet of cable. It won't get much better than that.

You did not have to pay for "video cables". All you would have had to do is get some RG-6 (preferred) or RG-59 and put an F connector on it with an F to phono adapter and you'd get "high quality video cables".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my Sondy DVD/Video player only play sound when playing video tapes? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Sony DVD/Video player. This is hooked up to a Vizio TV. Our TV is hooked up to Direct TV satellite dish. When I play a DVD it works fine, sound and picture. When I switch it to Video, I only get sound. There are 5 cable lines hooked up to the back of the DVD/Video player. On one...

Video and sound on my iPod video [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I got an iPod nano for Christmas and I can put videos on it but there is no sound to the videos. Got any anwers?

Video cable-- RCA or S-Video? [ 7 Answers ]

I need to run a video cable, about 50-75', to a projector at my church. The outputs I have available are S-Video or a single yellow RCA. Which option will give me the best singal/picture over such a long cable run?

What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E. Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap...

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

View more questions Search