Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    14gampy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Frost in Freezer
    GE Refrigerator Model GSS201epc THere is frost in the freezer compartment in the back. The Freezer and food compartment willnot get cold. IT has stopped making ice.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 08:37 PM

If this is a self defrosting model, it sounds like the defrost heater timer went bad. This will cause the ice build up as the unit cannot properly get defrosted. This is a very common item that goes bad in a fridge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite frost-free side by side, with ice maker, freezer building up frost [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Elite frost-free side by side refrigerator with ice maker. It's 2 years old but for the past 2 year+ we've been having problems with the freezer building up frost around the inside, and then the refrigerator doesn't get cold. I have to unplug everything, take the shelves out of...

Maytag Wide by Side Freezer with Frost [ 4 Answers ]

Our freezer has been building up frost on all the frozen items and the ice cream and juice have gone soft. Today I noticed there is water dripping from the bottom of the ice reservoir. Cold air seems to be blowing into the fridge section and I hear fans running. Any ideas?

Frost Free Freezer [ 1 Answers ]

My frost free freezer is always freezing up. Please help me to fine out why. Thank you Barb

Upright freezer, a frost free, is freezing up [ 1 Answers ]

We replaced the seal on it. Upright freezer works but although it's a frost free, it was freezing Up. Do Freezers run low on freon on is something else wrong? It is in the garage. Thanks

View more questions Search