Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bk39 Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Cannot open links in OE
    Problem continues.

I cannot open links in Outlook Express.
    I think it was caused by something I did but don't remember what it may have been.
    I can open links in IE but not in OE.
    Can you help?
    Thanks.

Reply: Perito: I did as you suggested and it did not change anything.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 12:43 PM

I think the problem is actually in Internet Explorer, itself. In IE, locate the "Tools" menu item.

Depending on the version of IE that you're using, the directions from here may differ. Try one of the following:

Under "Tools", select "Internet Options" and find the "Programs" tab at the top. Find the button that says "Reset Web Settings" and click that.

Under Tools, select "Internet Options" and find the "Advanced" tab at the top. Find the button that says "Reset" and click that.

That should reset IE. If you still can't open links, repost and we'll try to help you from there. At least, then, we'll know that IE is set normally.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 12:33 AM

Your browser is not set as a default browser in the outlook express so, please go through these steps:
    Open internet explorer > tools > internet option > programs tab > find out for a check box labeled as "IE should check to see whether it is the default browser" and check mark on this > OK
    Now you can check the outlook express and internet explorer, both will work fine but once close the both applications then reopen it.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 08:52 AM

As mentioned above, make sure IE is default browser

Go to start, run and type - regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Should be able to work now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot open links in email or webpages [ 8 Answers ]

Lately I have not been able to open links in email and web sites without right clicking and using "copy shortcut". I then have to open IE and paste to address to get the page to open. I used to be able to click on the link and have it open immediately without going back to IE. Any ideas what...

Cannot open links on virgin.net webmail [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently switched from Internet Explorer browser to Mozilla Firefox, and find that I cannot now access the links in my virgin.net webmail. These were never underlined - but accessible - in IE, but with Mozilla nothing happens even if I highlight and try to copy the link, therefore I cannot...

Links open to blanks [ 12 Answers ]

I have links on my website which open PDF documents. Since last night when these are clicked only a blank screen opens. Request help. Arya.

Can't open Outlook links-just installed router [ 2 Answers ]

After putting a Linksys router on my LAN, I cannot open Outlook links on the PC which has the Linksys software installed. The other PC that does not have the Linksys software installed has no problem opening the Outlook links. Has anybody else had this problem - or can help me solve this? Thanks.

View more questions Search