Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shep314 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Cement block steps
    I have a beach house and the soil is 100 percent sand.i want to build cement block steps how deep should the footing be.ihave not seen any home repair or massonary books on sand bases. Thank you sal cucuzza
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 25, 2009, 02:11 PM

How deep depends on where you are, frost depths vary by location.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 02:16 PM

Shep314 can you give more details as the Geo here which amricca asked and also the height and with. Is this against a mobile home or a structure that has a foundation/crawl space. Most of the answer is it needs a Wider footer and also drainage plays into this a lot.

What size block ? Will there be a railing system?

Get back...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cement block shower [ 2 Answers ]

How to lay a cement block shower? By using 3 blocks by 3 blocks by 3 blocks?

Bricks on cement steps [ 2 Answers ]

After a cold winter the bricks on my original cement walk are separating and then loosen. I have tried liquid nail but it is only a temporary fix.

Cement block footings [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing a porch at a sand beach location,how deep should a footing be for cemeent blocks

Cement block shower [ 1 Answers ]

My parents house, built in 1956, has a basement shower made of cement blocks with a cement floor. Can I tile over the walls and what's the best solution for the cement floor that's deteriorating.

Concrete block steps [ 2 Answers ]

I have contracted a garden firm to build a concrete block wall and curved steps. I don't think they know what they are doing as the blocks are sitting on the dirt and are very narrow. How should they go about this?

View more questions Search