Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frisma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2006, 03:08 PM
    New ceiling fan remote instalation
    I have a new Hampton Bay Ceiling fan. It has a remote control that I need to install. There are the "main" power wires on one side. black white and blue. I know what to do with these. On the other side of the remote are two more wires. Red and white. I am not sure where to connect these. There are no red wires in the unit to connect it to. Can you help me? Thanks Frisma
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2006, 10:26 PM
    Those connect to the white and black (or red) wires from your house.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php
    sksales Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2006, 10:13 PM
    I too just installed one of these in our house. The Red wire connects to the Black wire from ceiling. The White wire connects to the Black wire from the wall switch. The neutrals to both black wires are tied (connected) to each other
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2006, 11:29 PM
    Sounds like your setup is a little different as you have a switch loop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control [ 34 Answers ]

?? Hi I have a hampton bay sidewinder ceiling fan that came with a wall mount remote control. I wanted to have a hand held remote control, so went and purchased a remote control that came with its own receiver (hunter). I replaced the original receiver with the new receiver. The hand held...

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote [ 26 Answers ]

We have missplaced our remote for ceiling fan. Fan will not work. Have another remote for other fan but will not work on this fan. Can I secure a remote that will work fan? Please help Hot in bed

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans in my office that works off the remote the problem is the remote will work one fan just fine but it doesn't work the other fan at all please help

Remote for ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan "the Pearl"model 178-210. Could you tell me if it is compatible with a remote? If so, is there any particular one I should purchase.

Wiring ceiling fan with remote [ 1 Answers ]

There is a black, white, and red wire coming out of ceiling There is a black and white wire on one side of remote - black, white, and blue wires on the other side of the remote A green fan wire is connected to a bare ground wire from the ceiling Everything is connected per the...

View more questions Search