Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PirandelloLuigi Posts: 256, Reputation: 18

Mar 27, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Do you think the reasons they broke up can be resolved?

If they love each other, do you think they can work things out?

If it's true love I think anything is possible.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 11:46 AM

It's most often not true love for both parties, if it was true love they wouldn't need to reconcile because they wouldn't be separated.

It depends on the situation, but usually only one of the parties is holding onto a hope that the relationship will reconcile.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 11:49 AM

If you feel like there's more you could do, then you should not be in the no contact phase. The fact that you're in the no contact phase is because you've tried your best. No contact is to help you heal from the break up and move on.

Only in very rare circumstances are people able to reconcile. Most of these rare situations is when one or both needed time to recover from personal problems and not from relationship problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    It's most often not true love for both parties, if it was true love they wouldn't need to reconcile because they wouldn't be seperated.

It depends on the situation, but usually only one of the parties is holding onto a hope that the relationship will reconcile.
    The one who initiates is the one who wants to get back together, so it won't matter who dumped who.

Mar 27, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Yeah but you forget this wasn't love. Love didn't live between the two of you. Maybe you loved her but she didn't.

She was all about what you could do for her and when you could no longer provide the things she wanted, she left.
    How can someone be so cruel? How can she put priority on money and material stuff and be with me 15 months? Could it be possible that in time she will realize she was wrong and was only denying her feelings?

Could it be that she was so selfish and egocentric that she cannot love anyone else but herself? She is 29 and she told me she never was in love in her whole life with any guy, and that I was the best thing that happened for her in her life. Yet on my birthday she said her feelings changed for me? She seemed very confused, I do not know what to think anymore.
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Mar 27, 2009, 12:04 PM

She sounded very selfish and self centered. Believe me you don't want a relationship that is so one-sided. You deserve better than that. You are on the mend and each day will get better and better.

Mar 27, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    If you feel like there's more you could do, then you should not be in the no contact phase. The fact that you're in the no contact phase is because you've tried your best. No contact is to help you heal from the break up and move on.

Only in very rare circumstances are people able to reconcile. Most of these rare situations is when one or both needed time to recover from personal problems and not from relationship problems.
    The reason I am in no contact with her is because, when she decided to end it, she told me over the phone: ''Let's take a break and be friends'' so I said no to the friends because I still have feeling for her and it would hurt. I don't want to be in the friend zone because I know that will ruin chances of a reconciliation even more. She said me blocking her litteraly out of her life will only make it harder for her and it would be comforting for her to know I'm still around. I just don't want to end up a 2nd option or safety net. I prefer cutting off all communication.

She told me she doesn't want to be in a serious relationship right now and that's why she wants a break. I Still think she should take the first steps once she feels she took enough time apart from me. She asked for it, so only she knows whenever if ever she will be ready for a reconciliation. So now I ask myself, how long am I going to live in hope that we will be together again? Should I leave the door open? Or should I close it, lock it and throw away the key forever?
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 12:11 PM

NC is the opportunity to redevelop yourself, if a reconciliation happens you will have a stronger relationship with yourself and a better understanding on the person you are.

Take this time and worry about you, not in any hope that you will reconcile because who knows what the future holds. Just enjoy single life and who you are. No doors open, no doors closed.

Mar 27, 2009, 12:20 PM

Thanks Starlite1

Your comment is really helping me realize what I was not seeing when I was in the relationship. It's like I was blinded by love.
    Now by reading all the posts I am getting a clear picture of the whole scenario and it's clear to me that she did not care as much as I did.

Mar 27, 2009, 12:22 PM

It's so sad to realize that I know, but now you heal and move on from her. You will meet someone new in time, that will truly give you the love that you give back.

Mar 27, 2009, 12:35 PM

I just want us to be happy. Wishfully thinking yes happy together.
    To answer your question (I wish). I feel I can focus on myself better if she is blocked out, having her as a friend will not help me at all and will just mess with my head.

NC is the way to go. She was controlling and I know, falling in the friend zone will only give her more control. I will not give it all away. I think those who have been there know what I am talking about. It doesn't make any sense. Here you were sharing intimate moments seeing each other naked, how can you just turn that off and be around without touching or kissing. It's just torture.

Mar 27, 2009, 12:43 PM

They say we learn from each relationship. I guess now I know the signs and patterns of a superficial woman. And I will not fall for this again. I should look for the flexible giver type of woman.

Mar 27, 2009, 12:54 PM

Absolutely, you are correct ;)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PirandelloLuigi View Post
    The reason i am in no contact with her is because, when she decided to end it, she told me over the phone: ''Let's take a break and be friends'' so i said no to the friends because i still have feeling for her and it would hurt. I don't want to be in the friend zone because i know that will ruin chances of a reconciliation even more. She said me blocking her litteraly out of her life will only make it harder for her and it would be comforting for her to know im still around. I just don't want to end up a 2nd option or safety net. I prefer cutting off all communication.

She told me she doesn't want to be in a serious relationship right now and thats why she wants a break. I Still think she should take the first steps once she feels she took enough time apart from me. She asked for it, so only she knows whenever if ever she will be ready for a reconciliation. So now i ask myself, how long am i going to live in hope that we will be together again? Should i leave the door open? or should i close it, lock it and throw away the key forever?
    She was being kind to you.Lets take a break and be friends ,translated is * I want to split up and I don't want to hurt your feelings by doing it.I am trying to let you down gently*.

Certainly people that love one another do reconcile but the circumstances are usually different.They break -up over a fight or because of a specific problem,not because I don't want to be in this relationship anymore.

You should close the door.Face the reality of your situation.I have followed this thread for some time and your just not getting it.

I know how hard it is,I have been there and the first step toward getting on with your life is acceptance.

Denial is only prolonging the pain.

Mar 27, 2009, 01:16 PM

If she would have been more direct I would not be in this mess.
    All she had to do is say it clearly, it's over. I once dumped a girl too and I told her in person, ''Listen I don't have any feelings for you'' she started crying and slammed the door when she left. But at least I did not give her any false hopes and she became friends with me after she got over it. I am sure she was hurt but I did not leave her hanging with hope we would get back.

You are right Artlady. I should just close the chapter on this and move on with my life, I am just living in denial and I won't get anywhere like this.

I have an apointment next Friday, so it's probably the last time I see her at the clinic where she works. I'll say a final goodbye and wish her all the best and happiness, no hard feelings.

Another thing I learned with relationships is that once the feelings are gone, it's very hard to bring them back. When I broke it off with the other girl, she did something that turned me off completely and I never got the feelings I had for her ever again.
    Maybe this happened to my recent ex, so the chances of her having feelings for me again are very slim.
    Once that switch goes to off, it's like a burnt fuse.

Mar 27, 2009, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starlite1 View Post
    Absolutely, you are correct ;)
    Merci beaucoup! :-)
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PirandelloLuigi View Post
    -Should it be the dumper or the dumpee to start talks for reconciliation?
    -If the dumpee decided to do no contact.
    -how much time after the breakup can this be a possibility?
    -How can you know if the dumper still has an interest in coming back?
    There's no answer, stuff like this just happens, and it's always when you don't expect it, or in my case, when you really don't even want it anymore.

What I can say is the longer you wait, the better.

Mar 27, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw0713 View Post
    You're reading too many Doc Love articles. His articles do contain some truth and good advice, but trying to gage interest level is almost impossible. It's like reading somebody's mind...you only really guess. If they're interested, they're interested. If they're not, they're not. The point here is you are trying rationalize why this relationship ended, when you should be accepting that this is over and concentrating on moving forward and learning from this.
    I believe you can have a good idea of her interest level. For instance: In my case 3 months in the relationship her interest level was high in the 90's. How I know this? She was cooking meals for me, giving me back rubs, very affectionate, giving me compliments, always in a good mood and making jokes, the sex was awsome too. Long kissing sessions.

Then once the ''honey moon phase'' was over, I started to notice her interest level dropping. She started to say we were seeing each other too often, she was more moody, small arguments starting, less jokes, no more cooking for me, frozen pizzas! Lol.
    At this point I figured her interest level dropped to about 60.

Next is the downhill stage. Frequent arguments, less romance, less cuddling, very short kissing, PMS more frequent and lasted 2 weeks with bad attitude. Less time spent together
    She started spending more time with her friends. So that's when you start seeing the red flags. Her Interest level at this point is about 45%

The Final stage.
    Arguments become a weekly thing. Romance is gone. Cuddling for 10 minutes. Kissing? A little peck. PMS? That was joke. She takes day off and tells me at the end of the day and I was home that day. No more efforts of her part to spend time together. She cancels our Friday night to go to movies with her friends. I call her on valentines twice and she has a crappy attitude. I get the message and do not go see her. The end.
    Level of interest at this point? 10% mine:50%

She calls me 3 days later saying it's over. Her interest level: 0%
    My interest level: Boom! It doubles from 50% to 100%

The dumpee or rejectee interest doubles.
    This is why we hurt so much when we get dumped.
    We want what we cannot have anymore.
    Why? I have no freaking idea. I am puzzled. :confused:

Mar 27, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    There's no answer, stuff like this just happens, and it's always when you don't expect it, or in my case, when you really don't even want it anymore.

What I can say is the longer you wait, the better.
    How long did it take you to don't want it anymore after the breakup?
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 01:56 PM

Depends on the duration of the relationship, but they say the key is 2 months for every year of the relationship.

Mar 27, 2009, 02:21 PM

I don't know, I feel like if I keep going there and she sees me every 3 weeks, it's not a good idea, she will ask questions and try to talk to me like she did last time. I find this gives her more power, because she is putting me in an awkword situation.

So she will always know what's going on in my life and that's breaking the NC rule. On the other hand, if I avoid seeing her and ignore her I am taking my power back. I will not see her face and I will be better off and be in less pain.

If she has moved on, there is no need for me to be in her presence. If I was OK with friendship I would be able to see her again. I don't think I'll ever be able to be friends, I have no choice to avoid and ignore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 months no contact, not getting anywhere [ 41 Answers ]

Its been 3 months now since me and the girl I was seeing split up. I've stuck by the no contact rule and it is her that has initiated any contact. She emailed me 3weeks ago to say sorry again and gave me the excuse that her head was screwed up and she needed time away from guys. I said I was...

Getting my ex girlfriend back. The pain of NO CONTACT [ 35 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I were together for a little over 2 years and things were starting to get a little repetitive. I felt like I was getting in to deep and at 21 was worried that I was going to waste away my youth with one girl. (I know that sounds pathetic but it was my thinking at the time)...

X Girlfriend is Back in Contact - CONFUSED what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I went 8 months with no contact with a woman who broke up with me after 2 years of dating with no fights biggest problem was a long distance commute of 4 hours that we neither of us could do anything about at the time and her desire to move to a different part of the country. So she broke...

View more questions Search