Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jawedenc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2006, 10:45 AM
    Computer network
    Hi
    Jawed from kuwait . I have three PC with windows 98 and having one hub , how I will connect each other.
    I want to see one computer to view all other directory but other are not allowed . How I can do this
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Sep 4, 2006, 11:56 AM
    With Windows 98, you have very little security. Your options are to share, or not to share. You aren't very detailed in your question, so here's my best guess as to what you are asking. Three computers: A, B, C.

You want computer A to browse B's files, but you don't want C to be able to browse B's files.

If that is the correct scenario, there is no secure way to accomplish this with Windows 98.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer network concepts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I want to know about computer network concept and principle Bus,star,. configuration ,network devices router,hub,modem,. Please introduce me well papers or send them me. Thanks a lot

Three computer network [ 5 Answers ]

Iam attempting to create a three desktop computer home network I may also wish to tie in a laptop here and there All the computers have an N.I.C. Can they be daisey chained on one bus,or do they have to be star configured through a Hub or a switch I have the longest wire run at Fifty feet,can...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Two Network cards in One computer accessing two networks.. [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could help me with a small problem. I have one network card (A) accessing the internal network i.e.. Net. Printer, shared folders on other computers, and shared servers. Another network card (B) accessing a public network address for VoIP and T1 traffic i.e.. Ports...

View more questions Search