Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Did anybody watch.
    That dribble on prime time TV last night?
    It seems that it has gotten so bad that the anointed one has to resort to going on prime time TV for an hour to sell his line to the general public now. What gives with that?
    So far he is proposing a trillion dollar deficit for the next ten years, more taxes for everyone, socialized medicine, free education for illegals. When will the madness in Washington end?
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 25, 2009, 06:58 AM
    How nice that you use the term 'the anointed one' !
    And still without even having to mention his name, everyone knows who you are referring to !

In previous years one had to describe his predecessor with maniac, idiot, stupid, warmonger, etc. 'The anointed one' sounds much better.

As to the issue itself : it was also that predecessor who caused the current worldwide financial and economic problems to occure, while 'the anointed one' may clear the wreckage...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:03 AM

If the stupid one had not used his eight year reign of terror to put us in the red the anointed one would not have to sell anyone on anything.

Look at where our economy was when the Bushmeister took office.Look at it when he left.

Look at it one year after he took office.He negated everything Clinton did in 8 yrs. In one year.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    free education for illegals. When will the madness in Washington end?
    Hello 450:

I don't know. I suppose when the madness ends on your end. Really, I didn't hear that part about illegals. If you did, maybe you should get your TV fixed, or just say NO to those emails. They're not telling you the truth.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnian View Post
    And still without even having to mention his name, everyone knows who you are referring to !

In previous years one had to describe his predecessor with maniac, idiot, stupid, warmonger, etc. 'The anointed one' sounds much better.

As to the issue itself : it was also that predecessor who created the current worldwide financial and economic problems, while 'the anointed one' may clear the wreckage ....
    So you do not believe that it was Jimmy carter who started us on this spiral? It was Carter who pushed for the laws forcing banks to offer loans to everyone. Then it was your beloved Bill Clintoon and his inept Janet Reno who enforced laws to further punish the banks if they did not give enough of the "questionable' loans out. Or how about the Banking committee with it's lead goof ball Barnie Frank that has defended Freddy Mac and Fannie May. Yes he has received sweat heart deals from them. So who is to blame/ It is easy to blame the President for the current state of affairs. While in truth it is the fault of every member of congress. But with another inept person in the white house proposing God knows how many ill fated items to further push this country into a deeper depression this is not what we need. We need strong leadership with people in authority who have the guts to stand up and do what is right, not turn us into another banana republic.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:13 AM

But EC it it not sort of interesting that the economy was going gang busters under the republican congress, But when the Dems got control it tanked? Gee, who was to blame for that?
    Like I said before, I put the blame for this mess squarely on the shoulders of congress. It is them who write the laws is it not?
    -

Mar 25, 2009, 07:22 AM
    So you do not believe that it was Jimmy carter who started us on this spiral?
    The US economy was in excellent condition when Bill Clinton left office. That changed after the last predecessor took over. When he left office, the US economy was in an all time low, and the banking system at the brink of a financial collapse.

I fear you need new glasses...
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:28 AM
    But EC it it not sort of interesting that the economy was going gang busters under the republican congress, But when the Dems got control it tanked? Gee, who was to blame for that?
    Hello again, 450:

It was all on credit... Credit that NOBODY could pay... Credit that was arranged for by the dufus and his friends...

I guess that could LOOK like gang busters, but then the bill came in.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:29 AM

Maybe you need to go back and read American history starting with the Carter years of 18% interest rates and inflation hovering around 12%.
    If Clintoon had done his job, we would not have had the Second World Trade center incident among several other incidents that HE stuck his head in the sand over. Again, IF you were to read a little, you would see that the economy was in good shape under the Republican led congress. It was not until the last two years under democrat leadership that we have had gasoline at $5.00 a gallon, unemployment hovering at 10percent and much higher in some of the democrat led states like Oregon and Michigan.
    Like I said before the problems can be paid squarely at the feet of Congress.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:31 AM
    EC who is it that is proposing a one TRILLION dollar deficit for the next ten years?
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:43 AM
    EC who is it that is proposing a one TRILLION dollar deficit for the next ten years?
    Hello again, 450:

Somebody has got to pay the bill. That's ALWAYS the tough part. But, have no fear. Adults have taken over.

excon
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 12:31 AM

As to the issue itself : it was also that predecessor who caused the current worldwide financial and economic problems to occure, while 'the anointed one' may clear the wreckage ....
    Sarnian. How can the liberals have such a short memory? My wife is a liberal and I'm not. Even she knew this problem was mentioned By Clinton as president. She is swinging to wards the Conservative side not because of me its simply because the liberals are running on too much misinformation like yours and she thinks that's way out of line period Her party is not what it used to be. Like Obama too wild and out of control.
    -

Mar 26, 2009, 02:02 AM
    Dear 21boat

Please read what I stated in the first reaction (#1) on the topic post. Your post #12 is nothing more than a red herring !
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 03:59 PM

sarnian

Because your post#1 was totally and completely inaccurate. If you had read my post#5 you might have learned the real truth as to what and why the system is in such bad shape today. 21 boat was trying to explain to you in subtle terms that you are mistaken in your beliefs.
    -

Mar 26, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Because your post#1 was totally and completely inaccurate.
    Let me repost that post#1 than here again :

In previous years one had to describe his predecessor with maniac, idiot, stupid, warmonger, etc.
    'The anointed one' sounds much better.
    As to the issue itself : it was also that predecessor who caused the current worldwide financial and economic problems to occure, while 'the anointed one' may clear the wreckage ....

Hmm : nothing wrong with that : totally and completely accurate !
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    As to the issue itself : it was also that predecessor who caused the current worldwide financial and economic problems to occure, As to the issue itself : it was also that predecessor who caused the current worldwide financial and economic problems to occure, while 'the anointed one' may clear the wreckage ....
    Sarnian If you are referring to obamas predecessor as the Bush years and keep redundantly reflecting that on the quote above then you are very Wrong.

Clinton made mention of the problem and the house of cards and did NOTHING about it to stop it. Either you are to young to remember that far back or you are not well informed and missed a big part here.

It was so memorable when Clinton brought that problem up in one of his presidential speeches that My liberal Wife never forgot it. Simply because she deals in Stocks Markets and it would financially effect her directly if this blew up so all ears were perked back then!!

If you keep Re posting the same thing over and over apparently this means you are stuck there. That liberal tactic doesn't work with informed people. At least express Why you can't elaborate more. Or maybe because your on a dead end here and was brain washed like so many who WANT to Believe and it stops there.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Yup!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 26, 2009, 06:08 PM
    The US economy was in excellent condition when Bill Clinton left office. That changed after the last predecessor took over. When he left office, the US economy was in an all time low, and the banking system at the brink of a financial collapse.

I fear you need new glasses ....
    Bill Clinton had a SANE Republican congress since 1994, remember the "Contract with America?" He did not have the Rino's during the Bush years, and certainly not the Reid /Pelosi catastrophe.

Let's see, economy happened to start crashing when the DEMOCRATS took control of congress in 2007. Hmmm Fannie Mae Freddie Mac, who was to oversee them ----- Barney Frank [D] and Dodds [D].

Maybe if Billl Clinton paid attention to WTC 1 and Osama bin Laden instead of Monica, 9/11 and all its associated costs would never have happened.

Oh and Bill Clinton rode the internet/ dot com bubble, only to have it burst during Bush jr's term. And what helped the economy then?

That is right - TAX CUTS.

And what is the "clueless one" proposing to do? Spend trillions, and raise taxes.

G&P
    -

Mar 27, 2009, 02:27 AM
    inthebox

Of course everyone can twist and turn the data to support their personal views.
    I refer to the topic starter post that used terminology as 'the anointed one' in a failing attempt to attack this democratically elected President.

You and many of your club seem to lack any valid arguments against Obama, and therefore have to fall back in their attacks on using 'the anointed one' . But doing so only shows the emptiness of the 'argument'.

Sad, very sad !
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2009, 02:38 AM
    They always seem to mix religion into everything - the sign of a brainwashed fanatic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Men who like to watch? [ 10 Answers ]

Anyone who has read any of my other bulletins please know that this post is not about me. I have a friend of mine who tells me her boyfriend likes to watch her with another man. She asked me what I thought and I told her I don't think he really cares about her. I wonder if I'm wrong though. Is...

Third Watch ((NY)) [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have been watching Third Watch the t.v show based in NY for some time now, it's the one with the NYPD, FDNY etc ;) I seem not to be able to find a DVD box set :confused: just out of interest does any one know where one can be found, as it seems not stocked in the UK?? :rolleyes: Any...

How can I fix my watch? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Movado watch that I have owned for 10 years. It has worked great up until now. I wore it yesterday, and it got wet (I was at an outdoor event). :mad: Soooo, this morning I woke up and noticed that not only was the glass on the watch fogged up, the minute hand moves continuously and has not...

Watch this [ 19 Answers ]

Genetically Engineered Food Alert Coalition: Genetically Krafted, the Movie

View more questions Search