Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Mar 25, 2009, 05:49 AM
    Parents 25th anniversary
    Well in July my parents will have been married for 25 years. And I was thinking of organizing a huge party. I have most of it figured out, were going to rent a hall, and since I don't have a whole lot of money it will be a potluck supper(everyone brings a dish).
    Also a few of my cousins(I haven't asked them yet but hopefully they will help) and I are going to put together a movie of my parents family wishing them a happy anniversary.

Does anyone have some tips, ideas or advice on anything I can use all the help I could get.

Like I was thinking of asking the families questions for the movie. What kind of questions should I ask?

How should I decorate the hall??

And to invite people should I make invitations or put it on the radio or in the newspaper??
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 06:10 AM

This sounds like fun!

As for decorating,I would say something that typifies them as a couple.If they are avid bowlers ,create a theme around that.Whatever activity they enjoy together,play on that.

Make sure you have music that is from their generation and of course all of their favorites and perhaps the first song they danced to as a married couple.

As for invitations.
    There are on line sites where you can download templates for free to print out.I would contact as many as you can via email and phone as the invites could get costly,with mailing costs.

I would make some invites and be sure to keep one for your mom and dads personal family album.

I will put my thinking cap on in regard to questions.I'll get back when I come up with something.

Have fun with this.Planning a party can be stressful so just enjoy it:)

You may want to put on the invite B.Y.O.B as the most expensive aspect of any big party is the drinks.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 06:13 AM
    Here is a link for free templates for cards.

Free Printable Resources: Greeting Cards, Invitations, Calendars, Candy Bar Wrappers
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 10:42 AM
    You can send them on cruise: Cruise Results, or some kind of romantic getways: Browse Packages - Last Minute Deals
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Apr 3, 2009, 12:26 PM

I wish I could but am only 16 and don't have that kind of money
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 02:33 PM
    It sounds like you are putting together a great party.

Definitely send out invitations either by mail or email. This will make sure that everyone who you would want to invite hears about it. Also, ask them to RSVP so that you have an idea of how many people are coming. If you are going to do pot luck, then ask them to tell you in the RSVP what they plan to bring. If you find you are getting too much of something and not enough of something else, then you can contact immediate family members about switching their dish.

When you make your video (which I'm sure your parents will treasure forever) ask the older people what they remember about when your parents first met or first started dating. I'm sure you'll get some funny stories - probably ones that your parents have forgotten about. Ask the people who are younger or who have not known your parents forever what they admire about your parents marriage or what they have learned by watching them. If you have family member that have been married for a really long time, like 40 or 50 years, what advice they would give your parents for their next 25 together.

As for decorating the hall - that's hard to answer not knowing what the hall looks like. Keep it simple as decorations can get very expensive. Stick to colors your mother likes. Raid the attic and the closets and call your other family members for pictures. Collect as many pictures as you can of your parents together at different stages of their relationship. Use the pictures to decorate. Make collages or blow them up to posterboards. Shrink them down to small sizes and make confetti to sprinkle on the tables. Put one nice, framed picture on each table as a centerpiece, etc... You can make copies of pictures at Kinko's or Staples for pretty cheap. You can adjust the size and even the colors. The staff at these places is also pretty helpful.

You are doing a great thing for your parents! Have fun!
    eeee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
    on the invitation write my pearents a=have walked hand in hand for 25 years so that is why I have decided to throw a party

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

25th Anniversary Speech from Kids to Parents [ 1 Answers ]

I have to prepare for a speech for my parents' 25th anniversary before Thursday, May 29. Please help me. The speech should consist of some funny, serious, and emotional parts to it. Thank you.

A dream I had last night. (25th of feb 2008) [ 5 Answers ]

OK, in this dream, I am walking down the street and I am with some of my friends, we keep walking until we get to a city with tall sky-scrapers and as I look up there is the metor crashing to earth. I heard screams and I felt the pushing of other pepole on my body and the fear was there as well and...

20th Anniversary Gift to Parents involving Photos [ 12 Answers ]

Ok I'm trying to come up with an idea for a gift for my parents 20th Anniversary and the party is next week. I have collected a bunch of old photos of them and their parents. I am looking for a way to display them w/o using glue and other permanent means. Several of the pics are old and I only...

20th Anniversary Gift to Parents [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I'm trying to come up with an idea for a gift for my parents 20th Anniversary and the party is next week. I have collected a bunch of old photos of them and their parents. I am looking for a way to display them w/o using glue and other permanent means. Several of the pics are old and I only...

Christmas on 25th? [ 25 Answers ]

Do all the denominations in Christianity celebrate 25th Dec as Christmas?Or has there been a change of date any where in history by Christians,specifically because of the reason you mention as the date being a pagan tradition? Thanks. EDIT::::::::I had asked this on another thread on...

View more questions Search