Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maelizcan Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 06:57 PM
    My 21yr.old son has a lump on his testicle how do I make him to go to the hospital?
    He has had this lump for a couple years. He has gone from 185 to 125. We found out the other day that his bowel movement was full of blood. He is my only child and it will kill me if he dies. I can't convince him to go to the hospital and I don't think I can legally make him go. Please help as this is breaking my heart.
    Brenda
    ashey23ole Posts: 69, Reputation: 5

Mar 24, 2009, 07:07 PM

Why doesn't he want to go? Is he too scared? Does he realize how serious this is?

Mar 24, 2009, 07:12 PM

He is very scared! We've tried everything short of calling an ambulance. I'm going crazy!
    ashey23ole Posts: 69, Reputation: 5

Mar 24, 2009, 08:07 PM

Do you have a friend that is a doctor to perhaps talk to him, so he knows how serious this really is? How old is he?

I can't imagine how much this is hurting you! Its very tough, but wow, I can't believe he's that scared that he doesn't want to seek help..

By all means, he NEEDS help. There won't be much longer until its not going to be an option to him, and you will have to have him brought in... its your duty as a parent.

I hope all goes well, and I'm very sorry to hear.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 12:49 PM

Call an ambulance and have him taken to the emergency room.

Mar 25, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the advice about the ambulance. We were thinking of doing that. I pray to God that he stays when they take him.
    builtontherock Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Hi mae . Your son is probably not scared to go to the doctor but in barsed.I was 39 and was to imbrassed to go to get checked in my testacal.I suffered for almost a year and a half before I could not walk it hurt so much.not to scare him but tell him I had testacal cancer in my right one they had to remove it,doing good right now 4and a half years and still no sign of it coming back.hope I can help. Not embaressed no more .get a check up.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Mar 31, 2009, 07:13 PM
    He has to go in immediately. He's at the age where he could have testicular cancer. If he ignores it, he could die.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 07:28 PM

Do you know, or have a friend who knows a doctor that may come to your home and talk to him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Testicle lump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lump on the skin (I don't know really how to describe) it kind of looks like a pimple but no puss and way bigger.I just noticed it about 2 days ago but now it is starting to hurt to walk a little bit.

I have one testicle [ 14 Answers ]

When I was 9 years old, my right testicle was hurting real bad, so I went to the emergency room, I got taken, and the doctor said he will try his best to save my testicle. Well it turns out it twisted and didn't get any oxygen, and now I am currently 16, and I have a dream of become a United States...

Should my 21yr old disabled son get child support? [ 2 Answers ]

My 21yr old son is parapalegic. He is very unstable and unresponsible. He has the mantality of a 14 yr old. He did not graduate high school, his dropped out in 9th grade at age 16. He lived with me from 1998-2005. I never asked for any supprt from my ex-spouse. We have 3 children, I have the...

Evicting my 21yr old daughter [ 2 Answers ]

My 21 yr old daughter has been living in my house whilst I have been living abroad for last five years. She has paid no rent and only paid her bills for last year. Moved boyfrind in wiithout permission. Now I am home and she is abusive, disrespectful, lazy and refusing to pay her way. She has...

One testicle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have 1 testicle and have had my hole life, I think it must have gone undetected as a kid as no one ever mentioned it to me. I have seen a doctor or anyone yet because I want it to be a secret. I was wondering am I indangering myself by not seeking advice.

View more questions Search