Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blazin_149 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Ranch king won't turn over
    How do I fix my ranch king MTD ,when I turn the ignition on the selenoid clicks but the starter doesn't turn. I used a test light and tested everything and it all lights out. What could it be?
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Mar 24, 2009, 07:51 PM

Sounds like a dead battery! Have you tried jumper cables from your vehicle to the Ranch King battery? If it cranks, suspect the battery. It may require recharging or more likely replacement.
    leerenco7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 12:43 PM
    Where is the solenoid located on a ranch king riding lawn mower 14.5 hp
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 10, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Hi! leerenco7, welcome to AMHD :)

Raise the hood.
    Look inside directly in line with the ignition switch.
    Mounted on the inner wall above the battery or below the battery tray you should see one big red wire, and up to four others attached to two terminals depending on your tractors requirements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV drama Little Boy King the Martin Luther King story [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the TV Drama Little Boy King about MLK when he was young. I don't know any of the stars but I know Bill Withers appeared on the show and sang You just can't smile it away ( my favorite Bill Withers song) Any help tracking this down. THX

Air Ducts in old Ranch House [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ranch house built in the early 1970's in northern California. The air ducts are an open channel down the hallway with vents to each room. They are framed with wood and sheetrock. I want to replace this. Any suggestions?

Ranch king with a 16.5hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.the problem I am having is that my riding lawn mower starts but it doesn't run smoothly,what I mean if I want to idle my motor will kill on me,unless I have the choke on.I think I had some bad gas last year and now this spring I have drained the gas,changed the fuel filter and changed the oil...

Building UP on a ranch [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. We are looking at a ranch that was built in 1948. It has no basement. The current structure is 2400 square feet, hardwood floors and seems pretty solid. How do we get a ballpark on how much it would cost to build up. THere is some room to build out, but I am not sure we could get what we...

Ranch additions [ 2 Answers ]

My home is a 1000 square foot ranch with a breezeway and attached approx. 24x24 ft 2 car garage. What I'm wondering is what the cost would be to put on an unfinished second story across the whole house. I know that the foundation for my garage is good for a 2 story structure. Also the cost of an...

View more questions Search