Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lformolo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:33 PM
    Dryer makes a loud clunking noise
    My ten year old but limited use Frigidaire dryer has a high squeal pitch as well as a loud clunking sound when in use. Can this all be fix by replacing the rear bearings?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 03:23 AM
    You need to disassemble the unit and check the parts for wear then replace or lubricate the appropriate parts.
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Frigidaire is the worst for this. Try replacing the rear drum bearing kit and greasing it. I to have had one for over ten years and the bearing has had to be replaced 6 times. Current cost for this bearing kit is around $30 for parts. Its pretty simple to replace. I've even showed my wife how to do it but she says that's why she has me. Go to website and find Frigidaire and Model number it will have how to and parts. I have it on favorites I've had to use it so much. Try Appliance parts, electronics parts & more from PartStore.com
    kenan01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 11:00 AM
    You are lucky! Mine started making so much noise after only 3 months that I am looking for a replacement (another brand). Aparently Frigidaire only makes crap. I won't be buying anything else from them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Trane Furnace makes loud clunking noise when goes on and off [ 6 Answers ]

I have a gas Trane furnace, new in 2004, it has started making a loud clunking noise when it starts up and when the cycle ends. What is this noise, and how do I remedy it? I have a new filter that I can put in. Thank You. Sheri Tavens

Whirlpool Dryer makes loud banging noise when on and empty [ 2 Answers ]

Our dryer suddenly makes loud banging noises when on and its empty. Could it be the tub or a belt or something else. How do I go about fixing it? Thanks

Furnace makes a clunking noise on starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fairly new central heating system (within 10 years old), and recently the gas furnace makes a clunking sound about 15 seconds before the blower kicks in. Any suggestions on what to look at before calling a pro? Thanks! Sheri

Heater makes a loud generator noise [ 8 Answers ]

When I turn on my heater it makes a loud noise (sounds like a running generator). The a/c runs fine.

GE Washer makes loud noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older GE washer (about 5-7 years old) that has started making a loud, dry metallic grinding sound when running. I had to replace the clutch about 4 years ago and recently the clip that holds it in place came loose and I had to snap it back in place. The washer worked fine for a few...

View more questions Search