Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    npulsifer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Calculated answers do not appear
    Column A has time series data from A20 to A1850
    Column B has a formula calculating the smoothed percentage change in the Col A data.
    The formula is entered in B1400, copied, and pasted from B1401 to end.
    The calculated answers appear from B1400 to B1602 but not from B1603 to end.
    The formulas are correct from B1400 to end.

Q: Why does the answer stop appearing after a number of sequential calculations down Col B?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 05:18 PM

Good question. Let's see the workbook.

If you don't want to post it, then try using the Formula Evaluation toolbar to analyze what's going on in those cells.

In the last cell it works, click on Formula Evaluator and "step through" the formula watching it unfold until you see the final result.

Now repeat that on the first cell where it stopped working. You should see the exact moment in the formula where it doesn't do what you expect. That should give you a clue as to the error in the formula logic.
    npulsifer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Thanks, Jim - you pointed me towards answering the question.
    Nat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stimulus calculated - ITIN [ 5 Answers ]

I am applying for an ITIN for my spouse. So the SSN for my spouse in our tax return is left blank. When I checked the return, I find that we are getting the stimulas payment of $900.(I had earlier got $300 before getting married) . I was under the understanding that you get a stimulas payment only...

How is Unemployment Payment Calculated? [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks you so much in advance for any help you can give with this question. Simply, is the amount of monthly unemployment calculated relevant to the individual's former monthly inome? I'm collecting $580/mo (based on a job that paid only about 1100/mo). My wife, who was just informed she's...

Out of the blue or calculated? [ 8 Answers ]

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: I was with a guy for 7 months (off and on). He was 30 and I was 21 ( I am currently 22). At the end of the relationship I knew he used me, played games with me, and I am sure other things I am not certain of. I took care of him and treated him like a king. I spent A...

View more questions Search