Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KobyWan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Geometry: Area of a Square in a Circle
    So, I am trying to determine how to to find the area of a square that is inscribed in a circle. The only information I have is that the circumference of the circle is 10 inches.

So from here I have determined that:
    Diameter is 3.18 (10/pi)
    Radius is 1.59

So I would think with that information I would be able to get the area. I know it is a square, so the 4 sides are equal. So, if I can get one side, I can just square that number to get the area.

So I guess my question is, if my assumptions so far are correct, how do I get length of one of the sides of the square?

Thanks!:D
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Mar 24, 2009, 08:19 PM

The diameter is also the length from one corner of that square to the opposite corner. That is also the hypotenuse of the 2 triangles you have just created. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are of square, inside of a circle [ 14 Answers ]

A square is inscribed in a circle of radius 3(square root sign)2. Find the area of the square. First off, Idk how to put a square root symbol up on this question haha. Second, I get the radius. I just did 18x3.14 But I don't know how to get the area of the square if the only measurement...

Aread of the circle inscribed a square. [ 3 Answers ]

Suppose you are given a square with an inscribed circle as shown below. If the area of the square is 85 m2 what is the area of the circle? (use 3.14159 as your approximation for Pi and round your answer to two decimal places)

Relation of a point, square, triangle, circle and angle to an individual person? [ 8 Answers ]

What is the relation between a point, square, triangle, circle and anglesto an individual person?

Geometry area. [ 1 Answers ]

View more questions Search