Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2006, 05:30 AM
    Honeywell thermostat heat/cool in Rheem 2 stage furnace?
    I have a Honeywell 1 Heat/1Cool thermostat (TH6110D1013) that I would like to use with a Rheem 2 stage gas heat furnace. I think it is possible but would I get the same benefits as having a thermostat with 2 heat/1 cool?

Would I just connect the W terminal on the Thermostat to the W2 on the Rheem furnace? Thanks
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Sep 4, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Sometimes your furnase will automatically go into high fire after a timed pre fire on low.

If this is the case try running w1 and leave w2 alone on the furnase, set temp very hige and use a stopwatch, a users manual might be helpful if you need a long run the high fire kicks in after oh lets say 10 min and will stay in high fire till the thermostat is satisfied.

It's the holiday and I've been into the cooking sherrie please be safe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Should My Thermostats Panel Operate On The 2 Aa Backup Batteries Or Be Hardwired To Common And Have Batteries As Backup When Power Is Out? Panel Lights Up With Batteries In, Does Not Without Batteries. Don't Know Where Common Wire Originates From. Can I Splice Into One Of The Other Wires, G, Y,...

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Honeywell rth230b- heat is working but not the air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine replaced my thermastat with the Honeywell rth230b. The heating is working but the air conditioning is not. I have checked to make sure the breaker wasn't tripped. What else could be the problem?:confused: Thank you:

Honeywell rth6300B for Heat Pump? [ 0 Answers ]

Can the Honeywell RTH6300B programmable thermostat be used on a carrier heat pump 38ycb o36300 model? The compatibility chart lists heatpump but a question that it not compatible with a heat pump with auxiliary heat... I do not know if my unit has this... thanks for your help and advice

2 wire Single Stage Thermostat Issue [ 1 Answers ]

Thought this would be easy, Here is the problem, the furnace stays on all the time even thought the programmable themostat is set at a lower temperature than the room. The wiring must not be correct but there are only 2 wires. One for the transformer and one for the heat control. Please...

View more questions Search