Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddiy75ru Posts: 38, Reputation: 6

Mar 24, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Why Air Filter Stays Clean?
    I've been inspecting and changing my vehicle air filters for decades. The paper element used to get visually dirty within reasonable amount of driving, but over past ten or more years they appear to stay clean far longer. Way past 30,000 miles. I inspect by holding up to sun or strong light bulb and looking through filter paper. Is this longevity due to simply cleaner roads, environment? I don't think the filter paper has gotten more porous has it? Another thought is that many newer vehicles have air intake tunnels leading exterior air into the filter box, whereas older vehicle has filter box right in engine compartment, where perhaps road dust become more concentrated and so was more drawn into the filter. Anyone read any study on this topic?
    tallay83 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Hi. I noticed this to. Many cars are now taking the air from the inner fender-wells which are not expossed to the open road.

I take out the filter and bang it on a white piece of cardboard. If a lot of fine particles come out of it I replace it with one I keep in stock.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between self clean and standard clean ovens [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm getting a new stove and when I read descriptions I see some that says self cleaning,standard cleaning or manual clean. Can you tell me what the difference is? Thank you!

Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter [ 1 Answers ]

Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every...

View more questions Search