Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbpawar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 12:20 AM
    Excel Linking
    Hello,
    I need help on following project
    1) I am generating purchase orders in excel each time with a new file
    2) I am copying and pasting the contents such as description/amount/supplier etc in a master excel file
    My question is can anyone help me to achieve following
    1) I will generate purchase order on a specific format of excel
    2) the contents will be updated automatically in the master excel file

Thanks in advance
    In case I am not able to clear myself
    Please drop a mail at
    [Edit]

Regards

Sunil
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 12:30 AM

Greetings and WELCOME to the site, sbpawar! The Introductions forum topic area isn't for asking questions. Is your question about accounting, how to use Excel or something else, please?

I did need to remove your personal email address so that you won't get spammed because it was exposed here. Also, you've started a thread and asked a question and all information needs to stay on the threads so that others with similar questions might benefit by the answers that are given.

Thanks!

Mar 24, 2009, 03:29 AM
    Extremelly sorry to enter the question at wrong place...
    Please remove the thread if you need to and put at proper place
    Sorry again
    Sunil
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 01:37 PM

It's okay, sbpawar! It happens a lot here. If you would let me know what forum area it would be best to be placed, then I can move it there.

Thanks!

Mar 24, 2009, 10:05 PM
    Hi
    Kindly move it to computers and technology
    Thanks a lot
    Sunil
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 10:33 PM

Which forum topic area in Computers & Technology, please?

The ones below, are the forums from which you can choose.

Computers for Beginners, Hardware, Internet & the Web, Networking, Operating Systems, Other Computers, Phones, Programming, Security, Software, Web Development, Wireless Technology

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 10:50 PM
    Hi again, Sunil!

Since Excel is a spreadsheet program, I've moved it to the Computers & technology > Software > Spreadsheets forum topic area where it will be much more likely to attract the attention of the Experts in this particular subject.

The sub-topics of the forums in Computers & Technology weren't on the list that I gave to you in post #6 above.

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2009, 06:36 AM

Is this a homework project? Are you committed to using Excel? Do you have Office Pro that includes Access?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 25, 2009, 08:05 AM

If you want to provide more detail about the exact layout of the "Master Sheet" and where the matching data is in the Purchase Order template, we could most likely design a macro for you that would post data from the template to the master sheet.

We could put that macro into the template on a "button", so when you're sure you're done with the purchase order, pressing the button would open the Master sheet, populate the info from the Purchase Order, save the master, then flag the P.O. in some way as "Posted" so you don't get the same P.O. posted more than once, even if you press the button again.

You can post up clear examples of the Master sheet and the P.O. sheets, or you can click on my name and we can trade that info in Private Messages.

To attach the workbooks to your next forum message, click on GO ADVANCED and then click on the paperclip icon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel Linking & Macros [ 1 Answers ]

I need to create a summary sheet from input into different worksheets. Original sheet is the input sheet, summary will automatically pull from Original into summary from just certain cells. The problem is, the original worksheet changes, the person inputting uses the last sheet he created and...

Excel 2003 linking worksheets [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am not sure if I am in the right area but I need to ask about excel 2003. I have a simple question which I do believe there is an answer but I have tried various options to no avail. Does anyone know where I can ask expert advise about excel 2003. Many thanks for any advise given.:)

Linking Excel Spreadsheets [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi There ANyone know how I can link excel spreadsheets to each other?:confused:

Excel: Linking from one worksheet to another [ 8 Answers ]

I'd like to link from a cell in one worksheet to a LINE in another. If that doesn't make sense, I've got a member list of people with address, phone, etc. For folk that have not renewed this year, I want to have a separate worksheet that documents my contact efforts... so to link from the...

View more questions Search